Texas Candle Supply ~

A couple of days ago, I got an email from Jim at Texas Candle Supply. Part of it went like this ...

I know that many of you have tried to order online. Ever since the hurricane (Ike) our system has been malfunctioning. If you need some supplies, please call and tell me what you need. ...

If the phone is busy or not answered, please leave a voice mail and I will get back to you ASAP.

OK, here's the deal with them.....I have been trying to contact them via email and phone since last Friday to place a $600 FO order.....all I get is the answering machine right?

Yesterday, Jim's "lady friend" calls me at work at 3:00PM and wants to know what I need....I say "I already placed my order with someone else, thank you for calling".

This morning Jim calls me at work, asking me why I placed my order with someone else, and who was it... I told him I didn't know what his status was and I really needed my oils by Friday....he goes on and on chomping on my rear end like I'm at fault here. He says "I drove a $1000 FO order to the customers house, I would have driven yours to you"....THen he says "you get my emails!"...yes, but the Hurricane Ike email was weeks ago and how was I to know that his email/website was still on the fritz? I told him there is no info. on the site explaining anything.....now he's reaming my butt out!...CLICK!

OK, he's pissed 'cause he failed to operate his business properly. That's all fine that he delivers, but to have NO ONE at the phone taking orders since his website is still lopsided is not my fault..... Snooze you loose!

The nerve!

Thanks, now I feel better.....

• 2 weeks later...

:lipsrseal

OK, here's the deal with them.....I have been trying to contact them via email and phone since last Friday to place a $600 FO order.....all I get is the answering machine right?

Yesterday, Jim's "lady friend" calls me at work at 3:00PM and wants to know what I need....I say "I already placed my order with someone else, thank you for calling".

This morning Jim calls me at work, asking me why I placed my order with someone else, and who was it... I told him I didn't know what his status was and I really needed my oils by Friday....he goes on and on chomping on my rear end like I'm at fault here. He says "I drove a $1000 FO order to the customers house, I would have driven yours to you"....THen he says "you get my emails!"...yes, but the Hurricane Ike email was weeks ago and how was I to know that his email/website was still on the fritz? I told him there is no info. on the site explaining anything.....now he's reaming my butt out!...CLICK!

OK, he's pissed 'cause he failed to operate his business properly. That's all fine that he delivers, but to have NO ONE at the phone taking orders since his website is still lopsided is not my fault..... Snooze you loose!

The nerve!

Thanks, now I feel better.....

I live in the south Texas area and was affected by Hurricane Ike too. Heck! My fence still isn't up yet!! He should not have acted that way on the phone but think about it from his point of view. His business may be falling apart and what about the guys home. Did it get flooded? He's under a lot of stress and insurance companies are dragging their feet. I'm not saying that the way he talked to you on the phone was correct. From his point of view he has money (sales) being held over his head and he's losing the sales. If he's a good supplier I'd keep using him as soon as he gets things back in order. Maybe he didn't post a note on his website because the area was out of power for OVER 3 WEEKS!!! Maybe he uses a webmaster and couldn't get his webmaster to add the info because the webmaster had things going on. Please don't be mad at me for posting this.. Also, I don't think you did anything wrong by ordering form someone else.. you couldn't get in touch with him.