Any tips on getting glass glow...

You might try adding a little soy wax to the mix. Just enough to help with adhesion but not effect the crystal pattern. I believe you can add as much as 25% to palm before you have problems with the crystal pattern dissapearing. But I would start out with 5% before I tried adding more. You may not need much.

Washing your glassware in Dawn dishwashing detergent (or Parson's Sudsy Ammonia) helps to clean the oily residue left on glass after manufacturing. I have found Glass Glow to adhere very well, especially when the jars are preheated and allowed to cool slowly, but I have had it let go here and there. Palm wax shrinks more than other veggie waxes I have used, although the additive in Glass Glow does improve its adhesion considerably.

Are you securing your wicks to the bottom of the jar? I know my brain is past it's peek but I'm not getting it. It seems to me if the wick is glued to the glass then the wax wouldn't slip out.

But, I've been know to be wrong once or twice.

Karen B

Hmm, I do as Stella mentioned and wash every jar. I didn't think about oil residue more so the debris I have in mine when I get them, but I'd try washing and then heating. I also glue my wicks to the bottom. haha So it looks like I've done everything that's mentioned. I'm interested to see if any of those help you out or maybe it's something else?

I noticed even with 50 GG 50 Soy I had no adhesion to the glass.. I could shake it like a rattle. Very strange and it didn't matter if I washed or warmed the jars.

I have gone back to mostly soy,splash of palm, and a soy/paraffin blend... seems to be doing so well so far.

HTH,

Chele

Is this the first time this happened to you? You know temperature changes can effect adhesion as well. I sometimes a candle or two out of a batch that 'rattle' in the jar. Only happens during exposure to cooler temps. And my pouring room is colder in the winter than in summer and spring.

When this happens I just heat gun the side of the jars til a bit of wax starts to melt then the candle sticks again.

I have also experienced whole candles falling out of jelly jars and I use a parasoy blend. The wick can sometimes come unglued from the bottom of the jar. So I reglue if necessary, push the candle back in the jar and give it a little heat treatment with my heat gun. Again-- only happens during the cooler months.