corporate gifts / holiday baskets

jrogers397

I'm thinking about approaching local business with a flyer and a sample outlining corporate / employee gifts etc. Has anyone had any experience in this arena and if so could you share some of your ideas. I am thinking candles maybe a case price for employee gifts / incentives etc then some different priced baskets / gifts. If anyone has had success with this I would love to hear from you on what type of businesses you approached and how you handled it and what types of things they ordered. TIA,

janis rogers

jansbathscents

I can't say I approached outside businesses, but I did approach my employer. We have a holiday luncheon (can't say Christmas) and the centerpieces on the table are raffled off. I made up items in different price ranges - votive in a candy dish, holiday pillar, hurricane, peppermint jar candle - and wrote out a quote for each....1-10 for this much;11-20 for this much. They could choose a variety of items and could quickly figure the cost. I've sold them 2 years now and am working on this year's.

You might also ask them if they have vendors set up and sell to their employees. I think gift baskets and your other products would do well during that time. One hint, see if you can do it around payday...makes for better sales. Years ago I set up at Southwest Airlines and I know several hospitals do this for their employees. Good luck..