Best mold for Guest soaps???

kidsngarden

I use my regular log mold and then split each bar again (I have a Tank, so I cut the log, then shift the whole thing over a half-bar's distance and cut again). Then I cut each thin bar in half.

If you want individual soaps and don't want Milky Way (I use Milky Way molds with CP, by the way) you mght try some silicone baking molds or ice cube trays maybe.

For Crafts Sake sells a B&B mold that is the soap mold, log splitter and cutter. I have one but never use it....all of our accounts want a bigger bar then that. We do a log and cut into bars then cut those bars in 1/2 again. Looks like a full size bar only 1/2 as thick. Everyone prefers them to the little bars. We don't do any hotels/motels just B&B's and resorts and they all feel that it looks less chintzy as it appears to be a full size bar and fits in the hand better.

ETA..Even cuting the 1/2 bar in half again would make a nice guest bar and would be more substantial then the For Craft Sakes B&B bar that in my opinion is just too small and thin.

I have the For Crafts Sake set and the bars are actually a great size IMO. They fit beautifully into my little glassine bags. My B&B accounts, small tho they are, are quite happy with them.

But different clients have different desires.

Very true! We use to lay out the different sizes and they consistantly picked out the 1/2 bar...so we quit offering the little ones.

I've been wanting the FCS guest bar set for the longest! :drool:

Anyone selling one~ PM me before listing, please. Outlandishlady snagged the last bargain off eBay. Sigh.

I have a teakwood box for silverware storage I bought at TJ Maxx, for 20.00. It makes the perfect size guest bars. I think I get 5 mini logs if I fill the whole mold. About 14 inches long.

I've been wanting the FCS guest bar set for the longest! :drool:

Anyone selling one~ PM me before listing, please. Outlandishlady snagged the last bargain off eBay. Sigh.

I have a teakwood box for silverware storage I bought at TJ Maxx, for 20.00. It makes the perfect size guest bars. I think I get 5 mini logs if I fill the whole mold. About 14 inches long.

If I ever sell mine (and I'm thinking about it since I don't use it), I'll let you be the first to know.

I have dreamed about owning a B&B cutter from for crafts sake for SOO LONG ROFL....

I am such a dork....

if you don't mind lining wierd shapes, the bamboo silverware trays or drawer inserts from Target or Walmart work lovely, too.

Oriental trading company has some pencil boxes, also, you have to cut off the top (they have a slider for a lid) but they are good, too, if you dont have a log splitter or a steady hand with a knife :)

My thing with cutting my bars down the middle is I have textured tops. I suppose I could pour at a thinner trace so my tops would be flat (but I really like my textured tops!) maybe I'll just slice my bars at 1/2 inch thickness, but that's about a 2.5 oz bar. you think that is too big? i'm trying to figure out what to sell these to a B&B for if they are 2.5 oz.

I should look for a tray too.....

thanks for the input!