Why does it look like this

http://nikkimakesscents.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=1130

Ok so I posted the link because I didnt want to be "stealing" from a website.

Ok I was on the wahmshoppes forum and saw this person on there and went to check out their site. Well I came across this pic and thought OMG why would you post that picture. But then I was thinking maybe that is how they wanted them to look. So I guess what I am asking is why?

I am not trying to be mean I just want to know what they are going for. Some of their stuff looks nice but I just cant for the life of me see why their votives look like this. Well of course it is from doing a re pour but why leave them like this?

Now I have only been doing votives for a few months but mine dont come out like this.

Antonia

They tried to do a second pour like you said. You could even heat gun it and it would smooth out. Maybe she doesn't have much experience with making candles. :embarasse

I just looked at the veg wax pillars and none of them have the wicks centered. I wonder if she does this to off set the curl. Maybe there is a reason for this too.

I just made my first votives the other day...and that's exactly what they looked like after my second pour. I would NEVER sell those at all. Heck...I wouldn't even give them away (which is why I was making mine...to give to a friend). But...that's just me. I even tried the heat gun to smooth mine out...that didn't work either...what a mess.

Ok now I have a questions if these are soy votives why would you need to do a second pour? I thould it was only paraffin and palm that required a second pour :confused:

I have only used EL votive wax so I dont have much experience with different votive wax but for mine I just fill the votive really, really full and all is fine.

Antonia

Soy still shrinks, not usually as much as paraffin, but it does.

I use Strahl & Pitsch veg wax for votives. It shrinks alot. Even if I fill it super full like you said I will get flat tops after they cool. The best thing to do with most waxes is fill the votive cup about 3/4 full let cool to simi firm, then fill the rest. You get a very nice, full, and SMOOTH top.

Ok now I have a questions if these are soy votives why would you need to do a second pour? I thould it was only paraffin and palm that required a second pour :confused:

I have only used EL votive wax so I dont have much experience with different votive wax but for mine I just fill the votive really, really full and all is fine.

Antonia