415 Sweating on tops

Lately all my candles are sweating on the tops anywhere from 2-3 days after I pour them. I keep searching on here how to stop the sweating but I can't find much on it. I use 415 with CO, 1/4 cup of ecosoya pb blend and 1 oz FO to 1lb of wax. I have tried adding FO at higher temps and stirring more but it doesn't seem to help. Sometimes the sweating is that bad it puddles across the whole candle. It is getting colder here now with fall could that be it? I bought some 444 and I have 6 testers on my bar right now to test. Two of the 6 are 415 and they both are sweating. The other 4 are made with the 444 and none of them are sweating yet. Tuesday I will be burning them to test and log the results. All summer long the 415 candles didn't sweat, it just recently started that. If someone is having the same problems could you please give some advice. If someone has a fix for it please help. Thanks

It is getting colder here now with fall could that be it?
Bingo. Seasonal changes bring woes of syneresis (sweating) and "wet spots." It differs from wax to wax, but seasonal issues due to temperature/humidity changes do affect our products. Sweating isn't a problem I have in the cooler seasons with the wax I use (except occasional beads when a candle is first lit in a very cool area), but strikes in the summer when the warmer storage temps seem to force the oil to separate from the wax I use more easily. The added CO in your blend piqued my interest... it may be that the CO and the FO in cooler temps are more total oil than your blend can hold at certain temps. Play with the formula a little and I think you will be able to resolve your problem. HTH :)

I add 1/2 TBS of CO to 1lb of wax. Maybe I should lower the CO during the cold months? The CO definitely helps with frosting, if I don't use it I get a lot of frosting. I though of maybe mixing some 444 in with the 415 and see what happens. If I heat gun the tops when they sweat it stops the sweating, but I have to heat gun like three times before its gone. I will be doing the testers tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Thanks for your opinions and if anybody has anything to add I would love to hear it. Thanks

What temp are you adding the fo to the wax and also what temp are you pouring at? I have found that can really mess with my candles and the sweating if I change my methods there. My temp changes in northern MN are pretty extreme. I can be 100* in the summer and -45* in the winter.

I have tried adding FO as high as 175 and and as low as 150, and temps in between. I always pour at 110, if I don't pour at that temp I get major wet spots. If I pour lower than that the none of the wax adheres to the jar. To get the nicest looking candle is definitely for me that is pour at 110. I am going to pour a couple today to check the sweating. #1 I am mixing equal 415 and 444 no additives, then #2 415 with half the CO I normally add, and #3 equal amounts of 415 and 444 with my normal recipe 1/2 TBS CO and 1/4 cup ecosoya pb to 1 lb.

Try this. Heat your wax to 180, immediately add your dye and your scent. Cool the wax to 105-110* and stir it till the wax is slushy. (Don't use any PB or other additives in it just go this one alone.) Make sure to pour when the wax is slushy. I can't pour my wax over that and it's basically the same thing. I just poured 13 cases the other night and wet spots are not there and they look fantastic. I never get seepage either. Wet spots however can and will happen with any container candle over time. Just the nature of the beast so to speak...don't sweat em..Yankee has their share too :) They are just near impossible to avoid fully. Also don't heat your jars. Make sure to pour into them room temp for the best results and let cool as fast as nature lets them :)