glass pouring pitchers?

I use glass pyrex measuring cups. I have a few of the big ones which I like alot. I like that I can see through them and see that everything is mixed well. I also like that they hold heat better. I run mine under HOT water for a minute so they don't cool the wax upon filling. I do have metal pour pitchers also but don't use them at this time.

HTH

I use glass pyrex measuring cups. I have a few of the big ones which I like alot. I like that I can see through them and see that everything is mixed well. I also like that they hold heat better. I run mine under HOT water for a minute so they don't cool the wax upon filling. I do have metal pour pitchers also but don't use them at this time.

HTH

Me to, but I keep mine warm in an old toaster oven, on the lowest temp, and it's ready when needed. I use mine a lot to measure and pour with.

I use one of them for some applications. They hold heat extremely well, I just pop my on my griddle for about 10 minutes when it's at about 120 degrees, and it'll be good to go!

In my experience, a pour pot cools for me in about 15 minutes to pour temp. A glass pyrex cup takes more than 30 minutes.

I have bad luck with glass pitchers not pouring well for me - never COULD master the knack of getting those things not to drip!! I use aluminum pouring pots and I keep a thermometer in the pour pot. If they cool faster than I like or I am moving too slowly, I have an old electric frying pan in which I set the pouring pots to keep them at the desired pouring temperature. Sometimes I put water in the pan and sometimes, I don't - just depends...

• 7 months later...

Would it be safe setting pyrex measuring glasses in hot water to melt wax in them? I want to make tiny batches of just a pound or so of wax, and if I can use some of these pyrex measuring cups I've already got then I can save some money and storage space. I'm concerned about reheating the pyrex like that repeatedly; I figure it's probably safe but wanted to run it by you experts.

I like the aluminum pour pots. I pop them in the oven to warm them and after I pour, I pop it back in the oven to melt off what was left, then I wipe,wipe,wipe. I have thought about using the glass, but wasn't sure how it would work. What the heck, I might throw caution to the wind and give it a wirl! :yay:

• 2 months later...

How about a regular glass canning jar? Quart size. It's right between the smaller pyrex glass cup I have for tiny batches and the 4# pouring pot that is too big for my small experiments, so would be just about perfect without having to buy something else as long as it's safe.

There's a difference in the pouring spout on Pyrex vs. Anchor Hocking brands. I have trouble with the Anchor Hocking so only use Pyrex. I have 4 4cup, 3 2cup and 1 1cup in my stash!

Trudi

It's the opposite for me, the Pyrex have a shorter spout and can get real sloppy. The Anchor Hocking have a taller spout which very rarely make a mess. Mine are all 4 cup.

Kyme

I like the aluminum also, they work well for me. I use glass canning jars only for when I do a small experiment, needless to say they are more difficult to pour well, but they work better for small things. I have been thinking about getting a few of the smaller aluminum pour pots though for that purpose.