Getting wax out of fabric?

A couple of my kitchen towels and potholders are so full of wax right now they're more like bricks than fabric. Can they be cleaned thoroughly enough to be reused as they were intended, or do I need to just devote these to candle making? Even if they're commited to just candle making, I still need to get this wax out. Do I boil them? That would take several times though, counting on each time getting a little more of the wax out. And I don't want to run them under hot tap water or wash them in the washing machine because I don't want my pipes clogged up with wax.

Darbla

I'm for ironing also, but instead of paper towels, I use layers of newspaper. Boiling WILL get much of the wax out, but will leave some in that will have to be ironed out, so I'd skip the mess and iron the stuff. Instead of using your good stuff, remember that the Dollar Stores and WalMart sell big packages of el cheapo washcloths for a low, low price. These can be reused until you get sick of cleaning them up, then discarded without guilt.

After thinking about this, I really only have one potholder that's full of wax, because of my redneck pour pot. The one kitchen towel that got a dot of wax on it flicked right off. I guess I'll just ditch the pot holder and get a small pour pot with a better spout. :D