Is it possible to do this?

Hello all: guess I'm getting ready to ask a stupid question, please bear with me:embarasse I've accumulated tons of beeswax-paraffin pillar stubs, tapers, and plain paraffin pillars, most of these candles have only burned once or twice, they were going to throw them out and I took them thinking I could recyle them into pillars for my own use---which has worked so far.

Question: is there something that I could add to the wax to reduce its high melting point in order to use some of it for container candles? I know that otherwise I couldn't make a conatainer candle out of this wax, but I have SO much of it, that I wondered if I could work with the wax in another manner.

appreciate any answers--tia

A starting point might be tough to give simply because there are so many waxes and each pot you burn down will be different. I'd start personally, with that, given these all seem to be pillar hard for you, with about 3 TBSP. You don't have to worry much though, once you've added a bit, scoop out a dollop and let it harden for a few minutes, when it's cool you can mush it. If it feels like really cold Crisco, you're there! At least, when I let people I show my wax to, squish it in a baggie to "play" with it (don't laugh, I've landed two wholesale accounts with that little tactic :D), they've commented that it's hardness is like very cold shortening, and looks that way to boot!

A starting point might be tough to give simply because there are so many waxes and each pot you burn down will be different. I'd start personally, with that, given these all seem to be pillar hard for you, with about 3 TBSP. You don't have to worry much though, once you've added a bit, scoop out a dollop and let it harden for a few minutes, when it's cool you can mush it. If it feels like really cold Crisco, you're there! At least, when I let people I show my wax to, squish it in a baggie to "play" with it (don't laugh, I've landed two wholesale accounts with that little tactic :D), they've commented that it's hardness is like very cold shortening, and looks that way to boot!

Thanks MissMary:),I'll let you know how it works for me, I'm planning on melting around 4lbs of red pillar candles, strain it, take out the wick--I want to replace that:), and make myself a nice Christmas candle :)

Love your marketing technique!:grin2:

I know this won't answer your original question, but it's a suggestion for all that extra wax. I throw mine in a tin or thick glass bowl on my warmer. Requires no extra jars or work!

Thank you, bet that'll work to--at least I have plenty of pillar candles to practice on:grin2: