Help...Petrolatum

Hi I am in a bind......I ordered petro....dont want to use crisco. But it wont get to me for a day or two. Is the drug store Vaseline....No scent....100% White Petrolatum the same as the stuff we use? Thanks...I am pretty sure it is as long as it doesnt have scent but I need just a little for today.....cant wait...THANKS!

Hi I am in a bind......I ordered petro....dont want to use crisco. But it wont get to me for a day or two. Is the drug store Vaseline....No scent....100% White Petrolatum the same as the stuff we use? Thanks...I am pretty sure it is as long as it doesnt have scent but I need just a little for today.....cant wait...THANKS!

Ok....just checked with a supplier......they said it was the same as long as it is not scented. Hope their right!

The properties of petrolatum can vary. There are different kinds just like there are different kinds of paraffin, so just be prepared for the possibility that the results might not be exactly the same as with the petrolatum you get from your supplier. I haven't tried using vaseline but I think it should at least give you some idea of how petrolatum works in a blend.

The properties of petrolatum can vary. There are different kinds just like there are different kinds of paraffin, so just be prepared for the possibility that the results might not be exactly the same as with the petrolatum you get from your supplier. I haven't tried using vaseline but I think it should at least give you some idea of how petrolatum works in a blend.

Hi Top.....YEAH I was afraid of that! Hope its close though...LOL

Thanks for your help.

Have to hijack your post for a minute!!! Hey Brad, how is the cost of paraffin doing. Any good news? Carole

Hi Carole,

Demand for oil/fuel has dropped so far so fast, that most oil related products are also seeing a drastic slowdown. Like it or not, North American companies do a fair job of matching supply with demand. The same cannot be said for our friends in the Far East. Supplies there are starting to get long (high inventories). If crude stays down in 50-70 dollar range for a little while longer, there will be pressure to move this Wax (i.e., discount) from the Far East. This will drive the market price of wax down. I expect some softening on paraffin prices in early 2009. Demand during the holiday season is still high enough to keep prices from falling too much...but look out for the after Christmas sale!