Sage & Lemongrass

ladysj

After many disasters this week attempting pillars :mad: I finally came up with these. The pic makes it hard to see the stripes of green but I am very pleased with the way they turned out. It has also been a while since I've posted anything.

I know next time to heat the outside of the mold while it's still warm so that more of the color will come through. I am really happy with the glossy finish they have on them.

Thanks for looking.

SageandLemongrass.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ladysj, those are gorgeous! I'm wondering how they burned for you. I tried something similar a while back with long vertical chunks but when they burned they showed a tendency to split along the chunk line. Since it's vertical, that worried me enough to stop burning them and since then haven't had time to experiment any more. But I've been curious if it was my fault or the fault of the wax used for the overpour or if it's always going to be a weakness of that particular technique. Anyway, love yours.