Cheapest soy wax out there?

I've been making tons of fire starters and they are really selling just wonderful for me...Now that these have taken off I was thinking that I now need to buy the cheapest soy wax out there because as we all know wax has just gone so up in price and I can't see spending 80.00 for 50 pounds of wax for fire starters that are just going in the fire, so why not just order any ole wax at the cheapest I can buy.

Same thing applies to scents..Of course the deals are the best....

Can anyone help me and tell me who you suggest to buy CHEAP wax from...There is no place close to me that I can even pick up here in the mountains of Georgia so I will have to order it and pay shipping but I could sure appreciate anyones help for the cheap wax and scents.

Thanks.

Trappeur

I have maybe 2 50 lb cases I could sell you for maybe $20 each. Every year I tell myself I'm going to get around to making some starters but never do. These are several years old but are still good. I have thrown several cases away, soy from a batch I didn't like, just to get space. I would try the classified section first since it doesn't matter what you use. PM me and I'll tell you what they are and you can decide. How about sample scents. If you order in bulk from Candle Makers store the price drops a lot. Give them a call. You do have to order 25 lbs but I would call.

I think The Candlemakers Store is the cheapest for 415. I think it's $48.50 (?) Check them out...always gotta watch shipping though. I hate to make fire starters. I chop up leftover wicks..thats the part I hate. How do you make yours?

You guys are all terrific! Thanks so much....Well I use c-3 and have no more left off scrap wax and yes the demand is getting such that I need to start figuring out where I can buy cheap wax....

The cheapest with the shipping is from Candle Science...65.99 for the wax and 21.00 for shipping since I'm in Georgia...The cheapest wax so far is from BC that I have found for I think it was 52.00 plus shipping but they are farther away and I'm right back up there to the same price....So I guess the best thing to do looks like is get from people on the board here who have wax they don't use and just want to get rid of it.

Thanks everyone...

Oh Dana, I'll put up a picture if you would like of how I do my fire starters....I just started doing them 2 months ago and put them in my shop and they are just moving wonderful...I sell them for 99cents each...And I'm having a ball making them and especially that I live in the boonies and can get all my natural elements used like birch bark, acorns, twigs, pinecones...etc, etc...I posted more picture in the gallery area....but here is one..

Trappeur

CIMG6982.jpg

Thankyou Redmtn. and everyone else.....I just did a couple of craft shows with the firestarters and some tarts I made up and the show was a disaster...I had the fire starters set out in barnboard boxes I made and lined with burlap for that rustic look and all I got was they are just too pretty to burn..I had my setup and tried to sell them as a gift package with 10 firestarters, little kindling I gathered and had it tied with burlap and raffia and no takers. But I got people who wanted to buy in onezeys so that what I have been doing since and since I put them in my shop they have been a huge hit.....So now I sell them single...

Heres a picture of my tarts that I make and package in a mason jar tied off with raffia and a stick of cinnamon of which I couldn't sell even 1 for 9.00 a jar...But now that they are in my shop I sell them for 12.95 and they are really starting to take off...But I do need to get a line of rustic tart warmers as some people don't even know what they are...Matter of fact one woman who came into the shop last weekend started to eat one! OMG!!!! I swear!

Heres a picture of a jar I made...I put up some more pictures in the picture gallery...

CIMG6943.jpg

Trappeur

Thankyou Redmtn. and everyone else.....I just did a couple of craft shows with the firestarters and some tarts I made up and the show was a disaster...I had the fire starters set out in barnboard boxes I made and lined with burlap for that rustic look and all I got was they are just too pretty to burn..I had my setup and tried to sell them as a gift package with 10 firestarters, little kindling I gathered and had it tied with burlap and raffia and no takers. But I got people who wanted to buy in onezeys so that what I have been doing since and since I put them in my shop they have been a huge hit.....So now I sell them single...

Heres a picture of my tarts that I make and package in a mason jar tied off with raffia and a stick of cinnamon of which I couldn't sell even 1 for 9.00 a jar...But now that they are in my shop I sell them for 12.95 and they are really starting to take off...But I do need to get a line of rustic tart warmers as some people don't even know what they are...Matter of fact one woman who came into the shop last weekend started to eat one! OMG!!!! I swear!

Heres a picture of a jar I made...I put up some more pictures in the picture gallery...

CIMG6943.jpg

Trappeur

I love how you package your tarts. I have a real hard time selling tarts, everyone here wants candles, candles, candles.!!

I love your firestarters also!!!:highfive:

I think The Candlemakers Store is the cheapest for 415. I think it's $48.50 (?) Check them out...always gotta watch shipping though. I hate to make fire starters. I chop up leftover wicks..thats the part I hate. How do you make yours?

Yes, they are the cheapest I have found. I LOVE that I live close to them and can pick-up. You all would just be in heaven, if you seen Steve's store!!!:drool: :drool:

I love your firestarters.I tried to make some but just scented/waxed the pinecone.Wasn't impressed the way they turned out so never took them to shows.

These just might sell but wonder if these go in fireplaces and up the chimney. Would it be a concern of the wax sticking as it goes up the chimney. Or do people use them outdoors around the a bonfire.To late for this now im our area since are temps are dipping to the 30's.

Great for the holidays and use the cinnamon and Christmas scents.

LynnS

• 7 months later...

I get mine at Starrville in Tyler Texas for 46.00. 44.00 for 3 or more. ( 464 )That is closer to you. I don't know what he charges to ship it. But the price is right. Also you could ask the supplier, if they have broken pieces of slabs they would let you have cheaper. That 20.00 case sure sounds good. I would have jumped on that. :yay: