464 from Candlescience

I got a batch of 464 from Candlescience recently, the box is dated 9/5/08. and I am getting no hot throw using DS Ultimate Vanilla @ 9%. For those that use UV you know it is a power house Fo. I am using a 3in dia. jar and an eco 12. I am getting a great burn just no hot throw what so ever. I let it cure for a week before I burned it. I moved it to a smaller room and the scent is so light you have to stand over it to smell it.

Any imput as to why this is happening. Is this a bad batch or do I need to cure another week?

I got a batch of 464 from Candlescience recently, the box is dated 9/5/08. and I am getting no hot throw using DS Ultimate Vanilla @ 9%. For those that use UV you know it is a power house Fo. I am using a 3in dia. jar and an eco 12. I am getting a great burn just no hot throw what so ever. I let it cure for a week before I burned it. I moved it to a smaller room and the scent is so light you have to stand over it to smell it.

Any imput as to why this is happening. Is this a bad batch or do I need to cure another week?

I don't use that soy, but I could not tell from your post if this is the first time trying this oil in the 464 or you have been using 464 with it but think the 464 has change. ?? If you have not used 464, I found that it did not throw oils as strong as my current soy and found the that the 444 threw stronger.

I don't use that soy, but I could not tell from your post if this is the first time trying this oil in the 464 or you have been using 464 with it but think the 464 has change. ?? If you have not used 464, I found that it did not throw oils as strong as my current soy and found the that the 444 threw stronger.

Hi Holly,

I have tested this oil in the wax before with good results about a year ago. I am wondering if it is the wax. I did one in the 444 as well and it is way better in just 3 days cure, that is why I am wondering if I need to cure longer or this stuff headed for the trash can.

So many people swear the 464 hot throw is just the best on the planet, I was expecting to be wow-ed. :( I just don't get it.

I have tested both 464 & 415..I find that I have more luck with 415, than 464..but there are some that throw very well in 464..

I think you will find, with soy..that one Fo might throw well in one brand, and not get any HT in another..Soy wax is fickle :sad2: It can try your patients..

I have not tired 444, so I am no help there..

maybe that particular brand of vanilla FO doesn't throw well in 464. i'm new to soy candles, but i can definitely vouch for CS very vanilla in the 464. i use 9% and it is kickin'!

i love it so much i didn't even think of testing any other vanilla. if you check the CS website, you'll see the reviews of the fragrance, and if you search the fragrance forum here, you'll also find it's a favorite of many.

HTH,

ei