Business or Pleasure?

Sara

Both last year, purely play this year because of school. :( Looking forward to both next year.

Di, what type of product do you make? I'm not being facetious, but I rarely see you out of off topic. I wondered if you were a soaper/chandler.

Di, what type of product do you make? I'm not being facetious, but I rarely see you out of off topic. I wondered if you were a soaper/chandler.

Chandler, but has been back bench this year due to college/family and other issues. I guess i should add I play in B&B, mainly doing swaps here this year and make my own butter for family use, but never sell B&B. I do have the little candle under my name :)

Biz when business is high (Oct-Dec and May-Jul) and play when times are slow. It's fairly evenly balanced for me.

During play time in the past, I really enjoyed teaching in a one-on-one situation. Play time in 2009? I'll be trying to learn more about the B&B side. Some friends have really piqued my interest. And, thanks to them, I've already started gathering the ingredients and tools... who knows where this fun time will lead.

Chandler, but has been back bench this year due to college/family and other issues. I guess i should add I play in B&B, mainly doing swaps here this year and make my own butter for family use, but never sell B&B. I do have the little candle under my name :)

I didn't see the candle, I only see the trivia winner thing. Thanks.

I didn't see the candle, I only see the trivia winner thing. Thanks.

Weird, I see it on my posts. You can also check my post count-over 500 and OT does not count towards that. Like I said, just not active this year, but still doing swaps and playing with B&B, will be back on track next season.

Its both for me but more business during the busy season. When it gets quiet and business slows thats when I plan marketing strategies and try out new techniques, scents, etc. But I am finding even in the 'slow' times I have a pile of work that needs to get done. Each year is becoming more and more work and a little less play. So I play while I can. But I love my biz and my work... most of the time.;)

Lopsided. 4 years it was a hobby. Just buying supplies from husband's income. Did get a few on-line sales.Then this year(esp) the last 4 months orders about every week.Sometime 2 sometimes 4 a week but really keeps us busy.Esp both husband and I going to pick up supplies or me ordering on-line. Now I only buy the 16 ounce bottles of FO. That is a step up. I have 2 wholesalers, one rep, and 4 new customers.One is from a craft show that is begging me to go around to other shows.Thinks I will do great. Just that hauling and setting up husband and I detest.

I don't know how it is with most of you but all my customers need candles the same time. I was telling one whenever she orders the others order the same day or the next day.Funny she and I hadn't e-mailed each other in 3 weeks.I checked my e-mails and none. So I e-mail her. Sent it and checked my messages and one from her. I told her this ESP thing is scary. The same way with my orders.

I have been bogged down. Was for 3 weeks. Picking up Supplies, testing a few scents for a wholesaler, getting another request for a certain FO, WAITING for labels to be sent and that got me down. The few I had went ahead and shipped what candles I had and told the rest will be there later.I wanted her to get them in her store with the labels we use now. Labels will be here Monday and the rest of the candles will be sent. Just put me back a bit.

There is a huge craft show going on the day after Thanksgiving but not sure I want commit because I might not be able to fill on-lines order and prepare for a show this big. You know the after Thanksgiving sales.Take a craft show the day after. I have no one to work it for me and husband might be able to help but it is that setting up and worried the on-line orders start and we will be gone 4 days.You set up right after Thanksgiving dinner and another reason not sure I can have a dinner and then set up the same day. :confused: I will be loosing MONEY if I don't though!!!!!!!! :sad2:

I am not busy like most of you but finally after 5 years the end of this year I am paying for my supplies. Time to get serious. Maybe someday I can start paying some bills and have a income or a store. :yay:

LynnS

I still play a lot.... trying to learn how to make an awesome candle takes a long time for me :laugh2:

But I have noticed that burning melts is no longer fun for me. It is fun if I buy them from someone else.... but not if I burn my own.

Same with bath and body stuff. I love to get it elsewhere, but the stuff I make is always "to test". Except soap.... I really enjoy my m&p soaps.