Logan Bear soap molds – Back in business!

itsmejeffd

It’s funny how drastically things in a person’s life can change in such a short time. In late September, I posted this thread letting everyone know that I was temporarily retiring from custom soap mold making.

Well, like I said, things have changed. Unfortunately, my wife had a miscarriage and ultimately had to have two D&C’s in three days. That was two weeks ago and she is now physically recovered. Emotional recovery will take a much longer time for both of us.

The other huge change is that I have become a victim of our crumbling economy. This is where you say “Awwww, poor you.” Beginning last Monday, my hours at work have been cut from 40 to 20 per week. This has given me more free time on my hands than I know what to do with and a lot less cash in my pocket.

There is a silver-lining though. I get to do what I love to do again – work with my hands and build things. Particularly, custom soap molds. Since I announced my (brief) retirement, I received many PM’s from members here supporting my decision and asking that I let them know when I’m back. I hope this serves that purpose.

My one goal in making soap molds has always been to give my customers the best quality soap mold they can buy at competitive prices.

To prove the quality of my custom soap molds, I am announcing “The Water Test.” This is very simple: I guarantee that any mold that leaves my workshop will hold water without the use of the supplied hardware. Just the fit and finish of my molds is enough to make them water tight. The hardware is only there for a little extra insurance.

My website is still under construction. Soon you will be able to build your mold to your exact requirements and get actual shipping right on my site. Until then, I will have a link to a price list that will give you a basic price structure. That link should be up in the next day or two. Until the website is launched, shipping will still have to be calculated after your order is boxed and weighed.

Thank you again to everyone who expressed their support. I look forward to helping anyone who is looking for a new soap mold.

Sorry to hear about your cut in hours and about the loss of your baby.

I'll keep your site bookmarked if I do need a mold in the future. I'm fairly new to this site but saw your post when you were no longer going to be making them and found your link the other day but it didn't say you were closed so I wondered if you were still in business.

I've seen many happy posts on this site about your molds and I'm sure many members will be happy you are back in business. :)

Awwww Jeff. So sorry for your loss. That's a tough one. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Welcome back, kinda, just wish it were under better circumstances.:(

In case you don't remember, I am one of the people who pm'd you and I am still VERY interested, I have pm'd you the details. Please let me know when I can pay. :yay:

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

As for the mold aspect, I'm personally thrilled. I'm of mixed emotions, because I feel for you deeply, I know what you are going through, but searching 100's of hours for molds I liked, and contacting you myself, I'm glad to have the opportunity as well.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your baby, I've had a miscarriage before that required an D&C so I know exactly how your wife feels. I hope she's feeling a little better.

Welcome back and I'm sure you will have plenty of orders coming your way....btw I'm still loving my mold, it's one my favorites!!!

I am so sorry for you loss. My condolences to you and your wife.

But crap!! I'm in trouble now. I have been wanting one of your molds like FOREVER! I could just never justify buying another mold and was able to use that reason to resist. And then you closed and I was sad because I knew I had missed my chance but managed to once again convince myself I really do not need another mold anyway. But now? I know I won't be able to resist. I won't have to!! I don't think that's a bad thing either. hehehhe

Welcome back. :smiley2::whoohoo:

Oh my, I'm sorry for your loss.

I did receive my molds and used them last week. :yay: No screws to deal with, easy to put together and take apart, no lining. Very well made. My soaps now look really great because I can swirl with no problem and it's the perfect size. Thank you, thank you.

You do custom molds, right?

Patty A

Oh my, I'm sorry for your loss.

I did receive my molds and used them last week. :yay: No screws to deal with, easy to put together and take apart, no lining. Very well made. My soaps now look really great because I can swirl with no problem and it's the perfect size. Thank you, thank you.

You do custom molds, right?

Patty A

Yes, Patty. I'll make whatever size mold you want.