Do you use different wicks in different jars?

I am curious if any of you use different types of wicking in different applications. I am testing J223 in 10 oz and 4 oz apothecary jars, and I really like using zinc wicks in double-wicking the 10 oz...getting good throw, etc. But in the small apothecary jars, I don't feel like the throw is there (of course testing them in a smaller area). I threw a CD in one and even underwicked it threw MUCH better. Do any of you do this?

TIA,

Jenn

I'm not sure what exactly your asking, but I use 2 different size wicks for 3 of my containers, the 3rd is double wicked and happens to work with the same one I use for 8 oz. tins.

I guess, it really depends on your diameter. A 10 oz candle only an inch wide shouldn't be wicked near as large as a 4 oz that's 5 inches wide.

Are you asking different wicks altogether, or asking if anyone underwicks?

No, sorry I wasn't clear. I am testing with different wick sizes, of course, but what I am wondering is if someone might use zinc wicks in a 10 oz apothecary jar because the zincs but use LX or CD in a small single-wicked jar. Two different types of wicks, in sizes relative to the diameter of jar, wax type, FO used, etc. The double-wicked zinc is kicking butt in terms of throw and burn, but the single-wicked zinc jar isn't giving off much throw.

Oh, then yes on that too! I use zinc for my 4 oz tins, tealights and votives, and LX for 16 oz. apothecary. I found LX's to be great for larger candles but in small scale, for my testing, it laid over just a bit too much for my liking and there wasn't a lot of room to get the twists in.