Oh this is scary to think people actually do this

You know, it's funny to see this...for years, this kind of thing is what gave gel candles a bad name. People were constantly making wicked gel candles with candy, fruit, pinecones, wood crosses, flimsy plastic objects, etc., all saying they were safe. Problem with the fruit, candy and other foodstuffs was if the candle sat for any length of time and then was burned...well, sugars and stuff had been absorbed thru the gel and the whole thing would just go up like a torch after a couple of minutes. Wood, pinecones, and flimsy plastic you'd think would be self explanatory. You still see people making them from time to time, still with wicks instead of glass inserts, and neither the makers or buyers think anything of it. It's great to see so many here see the dangers in the wax candles, but I still wonder why so many don't see it in the gel candles:confused: .

• 4 weeks later...

Whoa! You'd think that when people would go to light it, they would think, hey this looks flammable and I'm about to ignite a flame right next to it. It's amazing, I see things like this in a lot of stores and just think to myself are people really this dumb? Obviously yes. Cute candle but the candlemaker should have known better.

Wooowwwww... Okay I have only made 4 candles to date, but even as a consumer, I would have never bought that. Wood + Flame = MORE FLAME.. uhhh.. huh.

I wonder what else they have made that is potentially dangerous...

The problem is ALL along the buying/making chain as someone stated.. I believe consumers should be educated, but one has to assume the consumer knows absolutely NOTHING about the product. Just like that McDonalds lady years ago...