What was I waiting for?!

When I started making candles, I started out with soy, C3 to be exact. While soy has some great properties, man oh man was it a pain. I had also tried mixing soy and paraffin at different percentages, just to give myself more headaches, I guess. Well, a couple of months ago I went ahead a poured a couple testers with the straight paraffin blend and O M G! First of all, the wicking was SO much easier. The scent throw -- fantastic! Almost every single FO I've tried has had a stellar throw. I'd still like to do a limited line of soy, but man, paraffin has won me over! :drool:

This is my first year back to candles. I didn't do any last year. So when I got my new supplies I ordered some para/soy blends. I can honestly say I didn't like any of them as far as great ht like I used to get with paraffin. Went back to comfort blend. and J223.

ETA My heat gun is always on my table. I can deal with sink holes more than I can with poor scent throw.

I started out with soy too and I have been wanting to try my own para/soy blend..I tried the 6036 and liked it ok but then the prices flew up. But you guys have got me wanting to do an all parafin...LOL

The parafin is a bit higher than my soy though.. That is what sucks.. When I first started it was the other way around.

If I do try the parafin - I will be starting at point A again..

How different is the wicking? And will almost any FO work with parafin or is it the different kinds picky like soy?

Emily