Wicking Questions?

Hi,

The diameter is 2 5/8 side to side and 3" from corner to corner. I have tried HTP 104 and 105 and there is hardly any scent throw and took forever 4+ hours for a melt pool. I have also tried a CD 14 with the same results. Not sure if going higher would help. Seems like anything higher would be too hot, but not sure.

Thanks,

Michelle

The wax is GB 415. The FO varies. I have 20-30 scents that will be going into these jars. I just need a starting point and then I will wick up on scents that I have needed to wick up on in the past.

I have a customer that is wanting to carry the candles, but this is the jar she wants. I usually use the Emma Jars. So this jar is a new one for me.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Michelle

The wax is GB 415. The FO varies. I have 20-30 scents that will be going into these jars. I just need a starting point and then I will wick up on scents that I have needed to wick up on in the past.

I have a customer that is wanting to carry the candles, but this is the jar she wants. I usually use the Emma Jars. So this jar is a new one for me.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Michelle

Well I would say try a CD 16. One of my jars I use a CD 7 on is 2 1/2 at the widest point but it tapers at the bottom so it catches up. The CD 16 might be what you need so give it a try and see what you get, but I do think that it is to hot for that size jar.

One of my other jars is 3 1/2 at widest point, but tapers again at the bottom and I use a CD 18 to a 20.

Are you burning all the way down? The heat can build up so you should always wick for the last 1/3 of the jar, atleast this is what I have found with my straight sided jars. And if this was your first test burn, light it again to see if it catches up with the second or third burn.

Well I HTH some. 415 has been a PITA for me so I am hoping to be able to get some 4630 to mix with to see what I get.

Antonia