Need to know where to find...

tsc

I am wanting to find information on the differences between soy and paraffin. I mean real information. I see on websites all kinds of misinformation. I want to be able to inform my customers with the truth. Also the truths about "triple scented" and soot.

I would appreciate anyones help on this matter.

TIA

Thanks Scented

Now I don't mean to be an idiot, but I can't help it. I don't see a search on that website. I see there is a page for links, but I'm not finding stuff there either. I'm sorry, but I do greatly appreciate your help.

Soy wax is a fat. It's plant oil solidified through a chemical process. It's used mostly as food but can also be used as candle wax.

Paraffin is a naturally-occuring substance that's extracted from crude oil. It's all-around the most useful substance available for candlemaking, though it has many other uses as well.

Most commercial candles are made either partially or entirely from paraffin. Candles made entirely from soy wax are produced by a few specialty candle companies and a lot of handcrafters.

From the consumer's point of view, there's no advantage from a quality perspective in choosing a candle made from soy versus paraffin versus a blend. The performace of a candle is mainly determined by how well it has been designed.

Some consumers have associations in their minds that make them prefer one kind of wax over another. The only completely honest way you can cater to that is to simply label your soy candles as such, so that people who have a preference will know to consider your product.

In a nutshell, I just gave you all the factual information you will find anywhere. For many people, the facts are not enough to satisfy their marketing needs. If that's the case, simply google soy candles and soy wax and you will find many examples of misinformation and misleading marketing that might be useful to you.

Thanks Scented

Now I don't mean to be an idiot, but I can't help it. I don't see a search on that website. I see there is a page for links, but I'm not finding stuff there either. I'm sorry, but I do greatly appreciate your help.

The search is on this site. The FAQ is on the NCA site.