Votes from Candle Party are in! (Business name)

leenabug

Okay, I had my first candle party with family, neighbors and friends! Approx. 25- 30 adults came with orders totaling around $700. I had everyone vote on the business names that were posted in the thread titled "Business name, why is this so complicated to me". Here are the ones that got the most votes.

1.The Scented Hearth

2.Scent on the Mountain

3.Handcrafted Home Decor

4.Mountain Candles & Gifts

5.Stitches N Wicks

6.This name was presented and liked , as something that would cover anything I do, now and in the future: "Mountain Elegance".

Also, Candles across the Generations, Family Fragrances, Flickering Ambiant Wicks, Georgia Special,& Mountain Stitches N Wicks were new names that were presented by those present but didn't get high votes.

A retired wealthy man, that my siser cleans house for, came though I can't imagine why.....maybe he was bored or had an urge to see how the "servants" life is?..lol! Anyway, he suggested including the name "mountain " , he said that alot of people think of things as being "made by hand" in the mountains..knowing its custom or original, not store bought is appealing to some I guess. Well what do you all think? Will you vote again on those top 6 names? I had hoped that there would be an overwhelming agreement on one, but I guess this has us going in a direction atleast.

I sold 4oz for $4.00, 8oz. for $6, 16oz. for $10(all mason jars) and an 18oz. victorian jar for $12.50. and melts for $.75 an oz. for a total of almost $700. My mom and I cooked a supper of chili, hot dogs, barbecue, baked beans and potato salad with pumpkin pies, etc. My husband baked some of his famous hot apple pies which were scraped clean! My sister provided games and prizes, for all the kids that came (about 25). We finished it off with 2 hayrides, one for young kids and families and a scary one for the older kids and fun loving adults. I am hoping that was some serious advertisment!

I also had everyone vote on all 30 scents I had available, to narrow it down to the best, but it will take me awhile to tally that up!

Well what do you think?

I am like the wealthy man and think MOUNTAIN in a name would be good. I am sure he had a nice time just like everyone else and after he tries your candles he will bring you more business and business from his friends.

Congrats on a good party.Lots of people and sales were good.:yay:

LynnS

Good for you Leenabug...makes me hopeful for my open house coming in December. I like Stitches 'n Wicks. The mountain thing, its not grabbing me like Stitches 'n Wicks. And I still think your name would make it even cuter....Leenabug's Stitches 'n Wicks. It's one of those names that makes me want to just go inside this store to see what they have. Sounds like a great night!:yay:

Been out of town for a couple days, ( family emergency) so just now getting back and seeing what everyone has voted for! While we were there at the hospital, I pulled out my paper and said........well since we don't have anything to do.......lol! So I had them voting on a name as well. They liked Mountain Elegance, Woodland Ambiance and Homespun Ambiance. They voted AGAINST "stitches n wicks" said that hearing it and not seeing how it was spelled.....the first thing they thought of was witches , as in "wic" or whatever.:( Okay that was a first..........I still like it as well

Good for you Leenabug...makes me hopeful for my open house coming in December. I like Stitches 'n Wicks. The mountain thing, its not grabbing me like Stitches 'n Wicks. And I still think your name would make it even cuter....Leenabug's Stitches 'n Wicks. It's one of those names that makes me want to just go inside this store to see what they have. Sounds like a great night!:yay:

I totally love this too! Leenabug's Stitches 'n Wicks. It's very cute :)

I like Stiches & Wicks, but I like Mountain Elegance just a little more. Here's what you do: flip a coin. Your reaction to the way the coin falls will instantly tell you which one you like regardless of if it falls heads or tails. Works every time.

• 3 months later...

I like Leena Bug's Mountain Crafts, Leena Bugs Wicks and Stitches. I agree with him, you add a mountain, stream,creek, etc. And it makes it more homemade. People like that. I don't know what else you make. I love to help name something. I love your name. It is different and cute. I think it would be catchy in a name. Something they would remember. Mountain Bug Creations. Buggy Mountain Candles. Ok, I will stop. :yay:

I like Leena Bug's Mountain Crafts, Leena Bugs Wicks and Stitches. I agree with him, you add a mountain, stream,creek, etc. And it makes it more homemade. People like that. I don't know what else you make. I love to help name something. I love your name. It is different and cute. I think it would be catchy in a name. Something they would remember. Mountain Bug Creations. Buggy Mountain Candles. Ok, I will stop. :yay:
or

Oooh I also Leena Bug's Mountain Crafts or Wicks and Stitches.

Don't understand - Wicks 'n Stitches - the stitches part. Looked over post and did not see where you do any kind of sewing and to me that is what stitches implies. Don't really like the Stitches 'n Wicks or Wicks 'n Stitches though. jmo. I like the Moutain Elegance or LenaBugs Things, or LenaBugs Creations, or just plain LenaBug's! I would definitely use LenaBug in the name though, really like that. Makes it unique.

Well, I did check your profile and see that you do upholstery.