Reciepts

moniek

I'm fixing to jump into the world of candlemaking as a business. I am starting to work on my website this week, tax id#, the whole thing. My question is, when I get all this ready, do you give reciepts to every sale you make?:confused: I know you would those orders off the website. But what about those sales in person?:confused:

Yep, I give a receipt for every single thing. Even if it's just a quick receipt out of one of those cheap carbon copy receipt books that gives the amounts. It keeps my taxes straight, and the tax I have to pay into the state as well, plus it gives me a copy of the signed receipt so any qualms with customers can be pointed to that copy too.

I do not give out receipts unless asked. I do however write everything in a reciept book so that I know where it was sold, what was sold, and what price was charged and also what day it was sold. I have a book for my sister's tanning salon, a book for craft shows, and a book I use for odds & ends so to speak (whatever doesn't fall in the other two).

I do on web orders but not on shows. No time. But I do an inventory before and an inventory as I pack up and do one invoice for all when I get home. I have only had one customer ask for one and I just wrote in on the back of a biz card which worked fine for her.

Mostly the reciepts are for how much you sale for tax puposes anyway, right? As long as I keep up with how much I sell, I should be fine, is that right to?:confused:

If you can. And also, I think it's pertinent just in case a customer wants to do a charge back or file a complaint that you have some sort of document to show that they signed the receipt with the amount. There are too many tricksters out there for me to take the chance.

Sorry, I didn't understand that she meant credit card receipts. Yes, I get a signature on the slip in case of chargeback. I thought she meant regular receipts for each sale made. Thanks for clarifiying that MissM.

I think it's pertinent just in case a customer wants to do a charge back or file a complaint that you have some sort of document to show that they signed the receipt with the amount. There are too many tricksters out there for me to take the chance.