Clear M&p Soap Base

marty

I received and tried the clear M&P soap base from Wholesale Supplies Plus. I am trying to make soap for children using the fish in an oval container. I did a 3 oz. soap and tried it and after one use I had used half of the soap. I can't imagine someone paying $3.00 for a soap that you can use twice. Can someone suggest which is the best clear M&P base and which one lasts the longest.

Thanks,

Marty

Hi,

I have used the ultra clear soap base from wsp for the same project. I noticed that it looked a bit "frosty" when it was sitting on the bench but as the children used it in the bath it became so clear and looked almost real with a fish in it!

I didnt add an FO that would turn the clear yellow ie no vanilla or known discolourant.

The problem with mp is that it gets used up really fast, particularly by children than really really really want that fish! They love doing it, rubbing their hands on it until they work the fish out. My dd had used half the soap in just one bath and still wanted to stay in the tub to get the fish.

If you add anything to the clear base to make it last longer imho it isnt clear any more. I have tried but without any success.

Let me know if you find something I would be very interested

Jo

I use the clear base from C&S and it lasts a long time. For clear soaps I only add a bit of glycerin and castor oil to give it more moisturizing and suds.

You have to shop around and try different bases because they are definitely not all the same.

I tried the WSP bases and decided to stick with C&S because they are longer lasting and definitely sudsier.

To make a M&P base into a harder soap that lasts longer you can add a little olive oil, or coconut oil, or beeswax. Any one of these will make a harder bar but be careful not to add to much.

This is my personal opinion but I love SFIC clear base but get the original clear and not the low sweat as the low sweat does not last long. The original clear lasts a long time. I've tried Stephenson's as well but I like the ingredients in SFIC so stuck with that for my preferred base.

From what I remember though Stephenson's did last a long time as well but they use sodium laureth sulfate (well the one I bought has that in there and that was a big no no for my customers), they do have a no SLS one though.

stearic will make a harder bar but it will cloud your once clear bar.

I really don't find any difference in the SFIc from the WSP bases

I don't do much mp now that I discovered the joy of cp but I used wsp Crystal clear base and it lasted at long as mp soap can last

Hey PA I had a bar of that soap you speak of, it was hot pink with curls in it, the FO was great some kind of apple rosemary mint something! It was my fav bar of that swap!!!

stearic will make a harder bar but it will cloud your once clear bar.

I really don't find any difference in the SFIc from the WSP bases

I don't do much mp now that I discovered the joy of cp but I used wsp Crystal clear base and it lasted at long as mp soap can last

Hey PA I had a bar of that soap you speak of, it was hot pink with curls in it, the FO was great some kind of apple rosemary mint something! It was my fav bar of that swap!!!

HA! Heck yeah, I remember now. Apple mint I think! I sure have sold a lot of that fragrance in soap lol

• 1 year later...

I faithfully use WSP clear base and it lasts a long time. I have no issue with it at all. I am guessing that you put in excessive additives or too much scent. I have used both of their clear bases and I think they are great. I will continue to use them because they are the best value for the dollar and I love the quality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As far as WSP bases go, the Crystal Clear base tends to be a bit softer than the Extra Clear. I love the Crystal Clear base for it's clarity though. It's almost like you are looking through clean clear water!! I've been using their bases for about 8 years now and love them. :)