Patchouli in 464 how long a cure time??

OK, so I already know I'm nuts to try patch, but it brings back memories ;) . my very best friend also loves it. so i poured two small testers last nite, 6% fragrance load. i used the 4 oz. jelly jar from CS (which is VERY cute with the daisy lid) wicked one with an ECO 12 and one with a 14.

I am dying to burn them, does patch need a long cure or does it depend on the supplier? I got this a while ago from Candle Soylutions.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Ei

Three to four days is good for my patchouli in 464..

IMO though your wicks are too big.. I usually never go over a 4 when using ECO wicks and the 4oz jj's. I did use a 6 for the pumpkin souffle, which is my heaviest oil. I usually use an Eco 10 or 12 in my 16oz WM jars.

HTH!

Emily

Hi Emily,

Thanks for answering. I went by the CS chart for wicking and then went up some because the supplier said in the description to go up a wick or two. I know some people think the CS wick guide goes a bit high, but I usually use 9% FO, so for me it's pretty good. Only reason I dropped the FO down was because of all the info i found about patch on the forum!!

One nice thing about the "little guys", they are fast and easy to pour and burn! I will try the smaller wick first and then will rewick the second one if it burns too fast.

Can't wait to burn them!

Thank you again,

Ei

I have those jars too....and 464. I will be interested to see how your burn goes...IMO I've not at much luck using the CS guide (although it is where I started)...I've had more accurate luck using the guide at LoneStar. Not that you asked of course ;) ...I know a ECO 8 is too big for my 6oz tins which are larger in diameter...myself I'm going to start with an ECO 4 when I pour the 4oz jj. You do use a higher fragrance load than I am trying, maybe that is the difference.

Keep us posted on how they burn....I always learn from what other people are doing! :)

dana

Hi Dana,

I will definitely check out the guide at LoneStar, thanks for the info and also for sharing your wicking info! :D

I am (IM)patiently waiting for Tuesday nite to start the burn and I will definitely let you know.

Have you used CS Cranberry Marmalade? I am trying that today for the first time.

Thanks again,

Ei

Hey Dana and Emily!

OK, I got sucked into the Jets game :yay: so I haven't started the Cranberry Marmalade yet. I think both of you use a lower FO load than i do. I was the one a while ago that was getting teased for my 12% load, so I AM getting better ;). I can't come down again right now, I actually have a couple of fragrances that are completely tested in two containers (burned to the bottom for sure) and safe at 9%, and a couple more in testing.

That said, have either of you wicked up for the Cranberry Marmalade?

Thanks for your advice and help, I appreciate it more than I can say.

Ei