Bath Melts

angella

Guest jurnalynn
Are they rock hard or are they just hard enough to hold to it's shape. If you may, can you give me an idea on how I may harden them? Thanks

they aren't exactly rock hard but harder then enough to hold their shape.........mine just harden on their own.....how hard or soft are yours?

Laura

Cocoa butter (that's what's in them right?) can take several days to harden up completely at room temp. I stick mine in the freezer for about half an hour then unmold and cover with an absorbent towel to try to minimize condensation.

Even then I give them 48 hours but that might be overkill.

Guest jurnalynn
It's like playdough, holds to it's shape, I broke a piece off and tested it, it worked but maybe it still has to set for a couple of more days but they are not reacting.

do u mean they aren't fizzing? should be if you added they citric acid when the cocoa butters too hot it will start the reaction in your mixture

Laura

do u mean they aren't fizzing? should be if you added they citric acid when the cocoa butters too hot it will start the reaction in your mixture

Laura

I add my dry ingredients at 120 degrees and citric acid at 100 degrees.

I was saying that after I took them out the freezer, I let them come to room temp, I checked them and they are/were still soft, but they still fizz. I believe that I am not giving them enough time to set/harden, I will make another batch tonight and let you know what happens in a few days. I'll try to post some pictures.