BTMS/EWax experiment

RNSandSCENTS

I was attempting to give my lotion a powdery type feel so I thought I'd try a 50-50 of btms & ewax. It gave me the silky, powdery feel I wanted but just as it sank in I got a waxy feel that I wasn't too happy with. For my next experiment, can anyone tell me what I can use to achieve a silky powdery feel? Should I do more btms, less ewax like 75-25, all btms or should I just use ewax and maybe dimethicone?

Update: I sent samples out to my testers prior to posting. It usually takes a few days before I hear from them but this time I heard from them the same day they received them and they LOVE the one I say is waxy and don't like the revisions I made to the other two that I made! One even said its the first lotion he's ever used that did not feel sticky. I guess that's the purpose of testers :laugh2: !

WSP has a second e-wax that is supposed to provide the soft, powdery after feel. If you look at the ingredients list of their very popular goat milk & honey lotion, it looks like that is the emulsifier, at least one of them, used in it. I haven't tried it, but have been meaning to. Just haven't had time.

WSP has a second e-wax that is supposed to provide the soft, powdery after feel. If you look at the ingredients list of their very popular goat milk & honey lotion, it looks like that is the emulsifier, at least one of them, used in it. I haven't tried it, but have been meaning to. Just haven't had time.

I guess in this case impulse purchases workout sometimes. I actually bought that ewax...it's called soft & silky.....who knew??? I did not even remember that I had it till you posted and yup, just pulled it out of the box. Thanks for the post. I'll have to post my results....

Nope....this is one of the barbers where my old shop was. You have not lost us....I actually need some more stuff. AND unfortunately, my butter is not quite there yet. Almost but not quite. Too fluffy more like a body souffle than a butter! My spending this month has been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of control. Let's get the co op finished and then I'll see what I got left?:yay:

I don't know Jennie.....MD to NE.....nah I don't think I'd survive the culture shock of going from Big City MD to Smallville NE! And bf would literally die!!!! Waaaaaaaay too slow for him. How is pool out there? That could change both our minds. He's BCA and I am APA.