tart problem

I have made tarts for the first time using IGI 4794 and the tarts look very rippley on top. Is this normal the only other time I have made tarts is using palm wax. I also made a couple of tealights and they sunk way in the middle. What should I do to avoid these problems? Please help I am new at all of this!

Thank You

Joy:sad2:

For the tealights just do a repour,which means melt some additional wax and pour into your tealights to fill the caved in area. But I have used the 4794 in the past and the same thing happened to my tarts. I tried pouring at a cooler temp, pouring a hotter temp nothing worked. I now purchase a soy/paraffin blend wax from KY and my tarts come out real creamy and have a great throw. :highfive:

thanks a lot I guess I will have to wait a while now since money is so tight. I just bought 60lbs. of 4794 because she told me at Candle Science how good it was. Oh well now I am stuck it is a good thing I am just doing this for me and friends.

I have used 4794 when i was in a pinch and needed to make tarts for one of my wholesale accounts. It did very well the throw was awesome. However adding 25% container wax increases scent throw and gives smooth tops in my opinion. I normally use 0k 6228 but it is getting so expensive and hard to find.

hth Steph

Mix 1/3 container wax (6006, 223 or other) with the 4794 and the ripples will go away. Carole

I do the same. Whatever I have extra laying around. Container or even soy. Though I also agree with the one poster about the ripples not bothering. I do not repour my melts - too much bother for something so small.

I have used 4794 for years. I blend a soy blend with it, because I wanted a wax for my melts that was a little softer, but not too soft. Works very good, scent throw is awesome. '

When I was using straight 4794, no one cared if there were ripples.

I use my container wax for tealights, not the 4794.