under-wicking vs. double wicking

I have a 16 oz. round jar that I recently started making candles in. CD20 seems to do ok in the thing but there is some hang up on the jar. I wouldn't care if I could see through it because that usually melts but I can't. I am going to try to go up to CD22 but I am also wanting to try CDN wicks. Am I just pre-banging my head on the wall? Should I just go ahead and double wick it? For some reason I am not to keen on dbl wicked jars.

Opinions welcome.

I never double wick, if it doesn't single wick it is not for me.

Ditto what Circle said - For the life of me I cannot double wick, either one wick goes out or the flames get weak or the candle burns much to quickly :( . In 7 years I have never tackled double wicking successfully with confidence to resell.

I'm no expert but I gave up on my single-wicking attempts on any 4" jar.

Since I HATE double wicking I then gave up on 4" jars altogether, but that's another story.

Ditto to this. I have 5 cases of tureen jars that have just sat because I hate to double wick. But it seems the only way to get this jar to burn right after testing about 10 wicks to single wick.

I guess I am the odd one here. I have never liked double wicking.

I always triple wick anything 3" or larger. I think you get a more even melt than you do with a double wick. Just my opinion, but I have been doing the triple wicking for 8 plus years.

Rae

I was leery of double wicking anything at all. But I REALLY loved these jars so I took the try. A big help to me was a graph on the bottom to center the wicks in and the wick centering tool. I have a slight hangup during the first burn in the round corner area. The second burn it catches up and burns clean all the way down.

I think you're gonna find that you need to run some trial and error. Don't be afraid to try something new, just watch it. I didn't want to double wick for nothing, but I do with these. Triple won't fit in these jars because of the narrower opening at the very top for the lid.