Just By Nature FO's

I'm a frequent user of JBN as they are local to me. I generally call when I have a question, but have emailed once and received a response that same afternoon. They are usually very helpful and friendly. I haven't purchased any BRV in a while, I'll have to smell for myself this week when I go in. Try giving them a call...

Now I haven't gotten the Gingerbread or PP yet, but the Banana Nut Bread still smells awesome and as strong as ever when poured!

Anyone else have issues with their scents not smelling like they are suppose to? BEFORE they are added to the wax? Almost every scent I have gotten from them in the last week has not smelled like it should.

Gingerbread

Pumpkin Pie

Banana Nut Bread

All 3 of these smell nothing like what they should.

I have not called. I plan to but I work full time, have to feed the caveman and kids, and make candles. LMAO. I plan to call them on this Tuesday. But it's weird, I had some friends come over and smell my scents and one wants me to put the pumpkin pie in some candles and she'll buy them. So at least I get my money back. Somewhat.

I have not called. I plan to but I work full time, have to feed the caveman and kids, and make candles. LMAO. I plan to call them on this Tuesday. But it's weird, I had some friends come over and smell my scents and one wants me to put the pumpkin pie in some candles and she'll buy them. So at least I get my money back. Somewhat.

You still haven't poured the scents then to see what the results were in the wax? Let us know how the PP works out. I just can't believe the slow turnaround time. I've always had nothing but great customer service through them. I just can't imagine what's going on...

Well I went to JBN today and told them the issues that people were having here on the board. She said they were having internet issues a couple of weeks back, but was certain that it was all taken care of. Of course she said she checks emails all day every day, as much of their business is done online, so... I asked if any of their scents had recently been reformulated, and she said no. The only scent that she said has been quirky as of late is the chestnuts and brown sugar which they are not selling at this time until it gets resolved. I smelled the BRV and it still smells the same OOB to me. So I hope you all can get your communication issues worked out. They are going to check everything out and make sure she hadn't missed anything, she was very upset to think she would be missing emails. Just thought I'd let y'all know.

Thanks for the footwork. There is no question to me that the BRV that I now have is different than what I have used. It does not smell bad. It smells more like other ones do from other places. I just smelled it again and compared it to the older bottle that I have (it is not real old - got it 6/08). Have you used the BRV long? This is confusing to me. Maybe it is watered down and it makes it smell different. It is definitely different. I have not had to put it in wax yet. Something sounds fishy to me. You know how you "just know." There was something else I heard that is being done that is not good, so it is not helping my faith right now with JBN. It is a shame too, because I have always really like them.

I just emailed them again. I notice they have the email set up differently -- jumps to our email server not that one that is within their site - I hate those. I will see what they say. I am avoiding calling.....afraid I will get mad if they give me the run around.

I got a response to my email this morning. I won't get into detail, but I was told that the BRV has changed. Weird that Jeni was told something different when she went there. :confused: They said that they put reformulated next to their oils that have been reformulated. However, when I bought this last bottle it did not have reformulated there. I can understand though that it is easy to miss getting everything updated on the site. Been there done that myself. So, I forgive them for that. I am not sure what to think about the inconsistent communications regarding BRV. They have been a great supplier so I will keep faith in them. I just hope I don't have any further trouble with the other oils I get from them and I hope the BRV tests positive for scent throw. I agree with them that it smells closer the the BBW version but I am worried it will not throw as strong. I actually like the smell but when I have tested others from other places that smell like this one, I did not get as good of a scent throw as JBN's original one. That is one reason whey I went with JBN - finally got a BRV that really threw well. I am bummed too, because I have a customer on the west side of WA that always orders this fragrance. It is the only one that she buys. She is not real open minded on different types of fragrances. I will have to let her know that it is different now and will send her a sample of it, if it ends up working out for me. The bummer thing is, if I do not get a good throw with it, I have wasted money on that bottle. This is what irritates me. If they would have had "reformulated" on the list, I would have only ordered a sample to test it first. :( But, like I said, I understand that things can easily get missed -- not updated.

I got a response to my email this morning. I won't get into detail, but I was told that the BRV has changed. Weird that Jeni was told something different when she went there. :confused: They said that they put reformulated next to their oils that have been reformulated. However, when I bought this last bottle it did not have reformulated there. I can understand though that it is easy to miss getting everything updated on the site. Been there done that myself. So, I forgive them for that. I am not sure what to think about the inconsistent communications regarding BRV. They have been a great supplier so I will keep faith in them. I just hope I don't have any further trouble with the other oils I get from them and I hope the BRV tests positive for scent throw. I agree with them that it smells closer the the BBW version but I am worried it will not throw as strong. I actually like the smell but when I have tested others from other places that smell like this one, I did not get as good of a scent throw as JBN's original one. That is one reason whey I went with JBN - finally got a BRV that really threw well. I am bummed to, because I have a customer on the west side of WA that always orders this fragrance. It is the only one that she buys. She is not real open minded on different types of fragrances. I will have to let her know that it is different now and will send her a sample of it, if it ends up working out for me. The bummer thing is, if I do not get a good throw with it, I have wasted money on that bottle. This is what irritates me. If they would have had "reformulated" on the list, I would have only ordered a sample to test it first. :( But, like I said, I understand that things can easily get missed -- not updated.

Yes, it is weird as it was just yesterday that I asked and was told otherwise. They have all of their scents on display in the store and no information indicating that anything had been reformulated was displayed. As I said, she verbally told me that the only issue that they've had lately, to their knowledge, was with the chestnuts and brown sugar(which currently isn't being stocked) after I told her about some of the issues you guys were having. So this really irritates me, as it makes me look unreliable :mad: I'm glad you finally received a response though. Guess the emails are showing up now?! I don't know what to think...

Yes, it is weird as it was just yesterday that I asked and was told otherwise. They have all of their scents on display in the store and no information indicating that anything had been reformulated was displayed. As I said, she verbally told me that the only issue that they've had lately, to their knowledge, was with the chestnuts and brown sugar(which currently isn't being stocked) after I told her about some of the issues you guys were having. So this really irritates me, as it makes me look unreliable :mad: I'm glad you finally received a response though. Guess the emails are showing up now?! I don't know what to think...

Thanks, and please know that I know it is nothing that you were saying that was unreliable. It is just a shame though that we are getting mixed responses. I will just have to let this pass for now and give them a chance to regain my confidence in them. I really have always liked them as a supplier and really hate having a problem/complaint. I have always had nothing but good things to say about them and would not have even brought this up on the board, if it were not the fact that others are experiencing problems as well. I will continue to work with them and hope there are no further problems.

Yes, I'll continue to do business with them too being as they're local to me, gotta save where I can. I've always been a satisfied customer, and before now, thought their customer service was great. Guess we shall see how things go from this point on...

You still haven't poured the scents then to see what the results were in the wax?

I had put it in my soy container candles and it still smells off. 3 different times to make sure it was just my nose or silly thinking. The candles I was talking about that the woman wanted was chunk paraffin candles.

I had put it in my soy container candles and it still smells off. 3 different times to make sure it was just my nose or silly thinking. The candles I was talking about that the woman wanted was chunk paraffin candles.

Did you email them again? When I emailed them again this morning like I said, I did get a response. I would definitely let them know your problem. They need to know and are now aware that their customers are noticing differences in their oils.

I am still going to use them as well, I have already designed a a newsletter to explain to people that some of the oils I get have recently changed and I will allow them to "test smell" the candles to see if they still want the candles. I am sure most will understand and not care as long as throws out good and is similar.

I am confused on the Chestnuts and Brown Sugar. On the site it says:

NOTE: This new & improved version is distinctly better than the version we carried in the years past. Please test if you are not sure of the scent!

You can also order it.

So does that mean that they have fixed it since you went in on the 10th? Of course a rhetorical question...I know you don't know what is going on with it. Just found it odd that on the 10th it was not there because there were issues and it is there today with the same note as the BRV.

I am confused on the Chestnuts and Brown Sugar. On the site it says:

You can also order it.

So does that mean that they have fixed it since you went in on the 10th? Of course a rhetorical question...I know you don't know what is going on with it. Just found it odd that on the 10th it was not there because there were issues and it is there today with the same note as the BRV.

I'm not sure, it seems to still read temporarily out of stock... :confused: It did on Monday too, I checked the site when I got home. I didn't notice the fine print so I don't know if that was added prior to Monday or not.