Just By Nature FO's

Anyone else have issues with their scents not smelling like they are suppose to? BEFORE they are added to the wax? Almost every scent I have gotten from them in the last week has not smelled like it should.

Gingerbread

Pumpkin Pie

Banana Nut Bread

All 3 of these smell nothing like what they should.

MEXICAN VANILLA

Pour it, love it, sell it!!!!

The very best FO I've ever had!

Maybe it's your wax? Up the FO to 1.5 oz. per lb.....wick higher?

So many things can be the cause of that. I've not had a problem and I use 6006 and use to use J50 (IGI 4636).....no probs.

C

Add a little to some wax. Isn't fair to compare the scent from the bottle to anything if that's what you did. Now granted, if the banana nut bread smelled like oh red hot cinnamon, I'd contact the vendor. I had a supplier tell me there was no coconut in their sandalwood, but that was all I smelled, even in application.

this is before I put it in the wax. I know you can't go by the FO in the bottle how it's going to smell in the end result, but these three are like I said, no where near what I thought they should smell like. Asked some co-workers to smell them because I thought it was my nose and they said they are "different".

I have Mexican Vanilla and love it! One of my most requested scents by far!

Maybe it's just us... I don't know.

I just got a new bottle of Black Raspberry Vanilla. I have used this scent from them for awhile. I have not yet poured this new bottle but it smells different to me. Not completely off, but my nose noticed it right off the bat. Now I will have to do a random test. I have had enough trouble with other inconsistencies so I certainly don't need more! :(

Anyone else have issues with their scents not smelling like they are suppose to? BEFORE they are added to the wax? Almost every scent I have gotten from them in the last week has not smelled like it should.

Gingerbread

Pumpkin Pie

Banana Nut Bread

All 3 of these smell nothing like what they should.

Have you called them or emailed them on it yet? I am thinking of emailing them and asking them if the BRV has been changed. If they give me that song and dance (that some suppliers will give) that nothing has changed, their nose has a problem or they just don't want to admit it. It is obvious this batch is different.

Holly, I hope you do contact them and let us know what happens. I have always been so impressed with them and they are one of the suppliers who have posted "new formulation" when their oils change. I have come to trust them as a supplier with amazing customer service. I would hate to hear if that has changed.

Yes, I agree. They have been one of my best suppliers with top notch customer service and I have always respected them, but I am worried now because of this latest thread and another comment not too long ago regarding the oils. They have had great quality oils and I sure hope that these hard times do not change that. I really do hope that maybe they just did not catch it or maybe forgot to put a note on their site with this oil, but how about the other ones that the original poster listed. ?? They really have had GREAT customer service. I hate to have to question them on it, but I should. I will let you know.

Emailed them this morning so we'll see what type of response I get. I have always, ALWAYS, had good FO's from them in the past and would never bad mouth them. I am just concerned because although a little variation may not matter that much, these bottles I got this week are a HUGE difference and I am not willing to deliver the candles to my customers and say "It smells different than the last ones you bought but... there's not much I can do." that just doesn't work for me. i will let you know if/when I get a response.

Emailed them this morning so we'll see what type of response I get. I have always, ALWAYS, had good FO's from them in the past and would never bad mouth them. I am just concerned because although a little variation may not matter that much, these bottles I got this week are a HUGE difference and I am not willing to deliver the candles to my customers and say "It smells different than the last ones you bought but... there's not much I can do." that just doesn't work for me. i will let you know if/when I get a response.

I agree! I hate to say anything either, but we candle makers need the support from others to know if it is just us or not. I look forward to hearing what the say. I need to email as well. Gee, I hate this kind of thing.

Have you gotten a response yet? I have haven't, but they are probably pretty busy.

I have been fighting this for years. They find a cheaper one, and not tell you it is different. I think they should always have to tell that it changed. Everytime I pick up scent, I smell all of them. I was so mad one time. One supplier changed my magnolia to one that smelled terrible. I called them when I got to my store and ask if they would let me exchange it next time. They said NO. There is a sign on the wall that says NO EXCHANGE. Well.....I would have smelled it if they told me it was different. I slammed the phone down and never went back. At that time I was spending 12,000. a year with them. Don't you think they should have called me to apoligize? Nope they were proud they did that. They no longer have that business. Wonder why?????? The owner of Starrville got it back and is running it much better. He kisses my B-hine. I love that part. He knows we are good customers. :highfive:

I have been fighting this for years. They find a cheaper one, and not tell you it is different. I think they should always have to tell that it changed. Everytime I pick up scent, I smell all of them. I was so mad one time. One supplier changed my magnolia to one that smelled terrible. I called them when I got to my store and ask if they would let me exchange it next time. They said NO. There is a sign on the wall that says NO EXCHANGE. Well.....I would have smelled it if they told me it was different. I slammed the phone down and never went back. At that time I was spending 12,000. a year with them. Don't you think they should have called me to apoligize? Nope they were proud they did that. They no longer have that business. Wonder why?????? The owner of Starrville got it back and is running it much better. He kisses my B-hine. I love that part. He knows we are good customers. :highfive:

Yes, this kind of thing will burn me up as well. I believe in integrity and if a supplier knows there is a change or will be a change they need to note this on their site. It especially makes me mad if the change is done because they are tyring to save money and purposely avoid letting us know.

I am getting a bad feeling, because as Vertically Enhanced said, JBN is usually VERY fast in responding to emails and I find it irritating that they are waiting to respond to my latest email with a complaint but a very polite complaint/observation. We shall see. If I cannot trust a supplier (if it continues), they will eventually lose my business. It is not the change that aggravates me the most it is the lack of communication in a timely response or lack of response or something indicated on their site of a change. I am further bothered by this because it is just not me with this one oil. The main poster of this thread is experiencing it with three oils!

I still have faith that they will come through and may just be overwelmed with business to respond fast like they normally do, but they should be able to respond by today at least. It is too bad because I really have liked them a lot -- has had top notch customer service. We will see.

I still haven't heard anything and I am really frustrated right now. No... that's not right... I am totally pissed off! I'm trying to keep a level head, they are business owners just as we are but... I need consistentcy. My candles need to smell the same. At least if they knew their oils were changing they could have told us in advance so I could alert my customers or look for a oil from another supplier. Awwwrrrgh!

They are not my main supplier, and I order only a couple of FO's from them, but I've always called it in. Have you tried calling? I hate waiting for emails from anyone.

Last year I ordered the Christmas Berries and it was totally different. I called them, they checked it out, called me back and said the bottles on the shelf had been labeled wrong. I lucked up, since they smelled other bottles labeled wrong. Otherwise I might have been out of luck. They shipped me the correct one at no charge and told me to keep the wrong one. (Sadly, it was a scent I did not like at all, or I would have been thrilled to get a free 16 oz bottle). They were really nice about the whole thing, and rushed it to me. Anyway, I could tell a difference in the new Christmas Berries they replaced, it wasn't as strong. They denied that anything had been changed, but I compared it to a small amt I had left, and it was weaker. I just had to use more of it. Even then, two customers said they could tell a difference.

One of them asked if I was making them weaker now. Made me feel ready bad, as if the customer thought I was trying to cheat her. Now I need some more and want to order several lbs., but am afraid to. I also hate inconsistency. Once I put my product out for sale, I do not want anything to change. It hurts your credibility with your customers, when you don't mention it to them in advance.

They are not my main supplier, and I order only a couple of FO's from them, but I've always called it in. Have you tried calling? I hate waiting for emails from anyone.

Last year I ordered the Christmas Berries and it was totally different. I called them, they checked it out, called me back and said the bottles on the shelf had been labeled wrong. I lucked up, since they smelled other bottles labeled wrong. Otherwise I might have been out of luck. They shipped me the correct one at no charge and told me to keep the wrong one. (Sadly, it was a scent I did not like at all, or I would have been thrilled to get a free 16 oz bottle). They were really nice about the whole thing, and rushed it to me. Anyway, I could tell a difference in the new Christmas Berries they replaced, it wasn't as strong. They denied that anything had been changed, but I compared it to a small amt I had left, and it was weaker. I just had to use more of it. Even then, two customers said they could tell a difference.

One of them asked if I was making them weaker now. Made me feel ready bad, as if the customer thought I was trying to cheat her. Now I need some more and want to order several lbs., but am afraid to. I also hate inconsistency. Once I put my product out for sale, I do not want anything to change. It hurts your credibility with your customers, when you don't mention it to them in advance.

I think with the cost of raw materials going up - the FO cost is going up. However, if a supplier decides to have it reformulated with a cheaper version, they need to notify their customers. That is the only right thing to do. Just my opinion. ;)

Bump... Any word yet??

I have gotten my Cedar & Saffron there a while back, then the price jumped up, then it went back down.. Another Chandler said that they thought the C&S was not as strong?? So now you all have me wondering too.

I was told when I called about the C&S that nothing changed in the formula.

But with the price going from 16 to 23 and back down again. It makes me wonder??

Bump... Any word yet??

I have gotten my Cedar & Saffron there a while back, then the price jumped up, then it went back down.. Another Chandler said that they thought the C&S was not as strong?? So now you all have me wondering too.

I was told when I called about the C&S that nothing changed in the formula.

But with the price going from 16 to 23 and back down again. It makes me wonder??

I went on their site to check out the Cedar & Saffron and it has a note at bottom that reads new and improved version. I don't know how long this has been on there. I do however remember when it use to say that it was super strong and maybe use less than one ounce per lb.:confused:

I have Cedar and Saffron and noticed it did not give me that strong of a throw. I am not sure which batch I have.

I still have not heard anything, and I am really irritated. I know they got our emails. They ALWAYS respond to me when I have sent them emails before on things. I don't like to say negative things about a supplier, but something does not seem right. The reason why I am speaking out on this is because I did hear that they are doing a "no no" with their oils and since someone else is having trouble (who started the thread). I really do not feel like I am jumping the gun on this. I always like to give the benefit of the doubt until I notice and see it firsthand. Well, this may be proof now, especially since it is just not me.