8oz or 16 oz-which sells better?

I've gotten my wicking down and am ready to sell in a small craft show in a couple of weeks. I'm doing regular mason jars (no shipping) and was wondering which sells better, the 8oz or 16 oz? I'll have some of each, but I'm thinking the smaller would sell better since they will be cheaper. I'm thinking of doing those for $6 each or 2 for $10

What are your thoughts?

The only way to be sure is try them both. For me the 8 oz candles far outsell the 16oz by a mile. But I have diehard customers that want only large jar candles so I always take both. However, I make only two 16 oz jars per 10-12 of the 8 oz.

Your pricing sounds a little low to me but I don't know your area. You should price them according to how much they cost you to make. That plus taking into account what they sell for in your area should help you determine.

I sell my 8 oz in the $7-8 range. With the price of wax, oils, and shipping costs way up no way can I afford to sell my candles at $6 a piece.

But I do give a price break. 3 $7 candles I will sell for $20. HTH

I sell my 8 oz. sq. mason jars for $8.75 and 16 oz. for $14.50...wholesale $4.75 and $7.50 and they fly off the shelves, at least in my area.

My 8 oz. sell the best retail wise. Wholesale, it's a mixed bag really.

I'm closing in 3 weeks, and everything is selling out! LOL

Carrie

When I sold the 8 oz jelly jar 8 yrs ago I sold them for $6.00 each. Now I make the 8/10 oz square Mason, I fill almost to the top and they have 9 oz of wax. Mine sell wholesale for $6. and retail for $10.95. I have always sold just one size and it has worked well for me. I sell to a few customers in several states and have never had a problem with the price. If I were doing a show I would not sell any cheaper per candle but would offer a deal for the more you buy. Haven't done that on my web site but may if I ever get it where I want it to be. The web is just too hard for me to keep up with...

I also sell 4 oz hex jar candles and they sell like crazy for me too! I sell them at $4.50 a jar or 3 for $12. People almost always buy the 3 cause its such a good price break.

But that means I make 3 different sizes and it can be a pain in the butt sometimes. But I love selling the big jars and I believe once the economy straightens out and gets better the large will start selling again. I still sell a few but not as many as the smaller 4 & 8 oz candles. People buy cheap these days so I offer what I can.