How are the craft shows coming along?

Two shows left. One tomorrow. One Sunday. Then it's adios to 2008 and time to get ready for that dreaded inventory. No matter what happens this weekend, sales were the best they've ever been as a whole. Individually, some were up. Some were down. Some were even.

T No matter what happens this weekend, sales were the best they've ever been as a whole. Individually, some were up. Some were down. Some were even.

Same here..

Passed last years sales in Mid November. So it has been a good year for me...

The shows this year were very inconsistent.. It was a weird year..

Oh, boy did I have a doosey of a show this weekend. It was a 3 day show that the local chamber of commerce put on. The rent for 3 days was only $40.00 dollars, so I thought that was a good price. It was in an old school gym. The school was closed a couple of years ago and they rent spaces out. I figured it should be a pretty good show since the Chamber was putting it on. Surely they would advertize and they would know how to put a good show on. BOY WAS I WRONG!

Well, the first thing when I walked in was they were telling everyone not to plug anything in because the breakers keep blowing. I figured o.k. No biggie...WELL let me tell ya I know why they said that! There was NO, I mean NO heat in the building. We had temperatures in the single digits here.

They had two space heaters heating the gym. The fumes from the heaters would make your eyes water and give you a headache, so the venders would complain about that and they would shut the space heaters off and open the doors to ventelate the gym and it got so cold in there you had to have coats and blankets to stay warm. Plus, when they did have the space heaters plugged in they kept tripping the breakers. It was aweful.

Hardly no people showed up to this show. I'd say maybe a couple of hundred over a 3 day period. Vendors kept complaining, and they wouldn't refund our money. Several vendors just left. I made my $40.00 dollar booth fee, and that is it! I am so lucky to have made the booth fee back. I will NEVER, NEVER do another show with them again!

Did you check with them about the situation first? It may have been something out of their control since they probably don't own the building and was something they may have just encountered when getting ready for the show. Sometimes there are circumstances that go beyond a person's control and they may have been faced with that, but otherwise run an excellent show at another time of year. We've seen people who run shows get ripped because of things that weren't in their control, like wind, rain, the fact that it's a show for homemade items not buy from Oriental Trading and put a screw in it type of thing.

Just thinking before you say never, find out what happened first.