Candle Science Pumpkin Souffle

Alajane

Does anyone else think this smells like Pumpkin Cornbread? I tested this about a week after pouring it and didn't notice that about it--just a good pumpkiny scent. But yesterday I pulled out my tester again after several weeks and when I went into that room about an hour later, I had to double check the label to see what scent I was burning. To my nose, it smelled more cornbread-y than the actual Pumpkin Cornbread I have from the CandleMaker's Store. I like it, but wonder if I should rename to cornbread instead of souffle (I have 5 pumpkin scents on my shelf anyway--think I should get rid of some, but can't decide which ones to discard.)

Just wondered if anyone else was getting this from this scent or if my nose is playing tricks on me!

Jane

I, too, thought it was almost an exact match for Pumpkin Crunch Cake--in fact, so much so that I thought I could substitute those if I was ordering from one company and not the other. But now after more cure time it's totally different to my nose!

I'm very curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Jane

I, too, thought it was almost an exact match for Pumpkin Crunch Cake--in fact, so much so that I thought I could substitute those if I was ordering from one company and not the other. But now after more cure time it's totally different to my nose!

I'm very curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Jane

So, what was your opinion. Did you like the Souffle better?

CS, has a bit more refinement in their scents, JMHO.

I haven't burned them at the same time to really compare, but I think the pumpkin souffle was stronger than CMS's pumpkin cornbread (even at the "A-grade" strength). I didn't actually LIKE it as well after it smelled cornbread-y, but I think it might sell better because of that.

So far, my favorite pumpkin is NG's pumpkin crunch cake, with AH's pumpkin cheesecake coming in second.