EZ Soy wax

I'm considering ways to reduce my costs of making a candle and have found that EZ soy wax is cheaper than the current wax that I am using. Currently I use IGI 6006, which I like the performance of but would also like to possibly switch over to complete soy wax. I know this will involve lots of time and testing of the new products, but can anyone who uses EZ soy give me any advise as to how the wax performs and your experience with it. I know the ultimate decision is up to me, but I'd like to get others thoughts on the wax. Does it adhere well to jars? How is the frosting? Does it require additives? Thanks in advance everyone!

I have used the 415/EZ Soy for quite a while. Personally I have had the best luck with that soy, more than with any other soy. But not everyone will get the same results, and that can be because of many factors. I pour in status jars and have not had a problem with how it burns or throws the scent.

To me it doesn't frost that much, but it IS soy....and soy does have a tendancy to frost. I have found that pouring it cooler, I get it to adhere well and I get good tops. It doesn't necessarily requre additives, but I do use about 3% beeswax in mine...I think it just makes my candles better and helps with the smooth tops. If in doubt, you should just order a sample bag and give it a shot....

One thing to think of is how much is changing wax going to hurt your production time? You cannot pour hot with EZsoy (415), but you can with 6006, right? So most of my production time is spent waiting on pots to cool. I have actually thought of testing a new wax that cost more that would increase my production time. I could crank out so many more. I have seen local candle makers that pour hot with the ez/415, but their candles have horrid frosting and tops I would be embarrassed to put on a shelf.

One thing to think of is how much is changing wax going to hurt your production time? You cannot pour hot with EZsoy (415), but you can with 6006, right? So most of my production time is spent waiting on pots to cool. I have actually thought of testing a new wax that cost more that would increase my production time. I could crank out so many more. I have seen local candle makers that pour hot with the ez/415, but their candles have horrid frosting and tops I would be embarrassed to put on a shelf.

I agree totally, with waiting to pour candles it's a real pain. I miss the pour time so often and have to re-heat all the time.