Cinnamon Scents and Clove

LynnS

Thank You Ring of Fire. Will check Cinnamon scents.

Coconut,

I tried 1 medium cotton wick from 1 company with Clove and big time drowning. Figured I better go to large wick but the customer doesn't like a large wick because the jar seems to get to hot. So I tried the same size medium cotton wick that the first company has from another company and the Clove is burning perfect. I just don't get it.

Both companies are close to me so decided a couple months ago to get some wicks while I was at the one company than go a total different direction to get same wicks from the other. Now I have found 2 fragrances that the one wick does better than the other from the different companies. Confusing for sure. Trust me it is big time for me. :confused:

I did ask the Board and someone said same wicks but different companies there can be a difference. I have used the one company's wicks for almost 5 years. Now for a few fo's I need to get the other company's to carry them. Only because I have customers requesting these scents. Honestly the clove was not a scent I would have picked but it is growing on me now. After just 1 day.

LynnS

LynnS, I had this problem with Amish Harvest too and finally resolved it by changing my wax. I tried probably six or more different kinds of wicks before I switched, with Clove and AH. Haven't tried the clove in the new wax because of low demand. I'm curious, what wax do you use? I went from 4630 to J50 for the AH. Coconut

I just bought a kick butt White Pepper & Clove from Fillmore containers. Been testing it all week and man is it spicy! Its more of a sensual cologne scent and definitely not bakery and it smells divine! I'm adding it to my Christmas line as soon as I am done testing.

Coconut,

Forget my success in wicking Clove. After the candle(10 oz classic jar) burned for 3 hours it was fine BUT when it burned down to the wider part there is drowning. I use Soy 402. Works for about all my fo's but so far 3 are not working. 2 of those have been requested by a wholesaler.

I hate to change wax. Could be many waxes/wicks to test to find the right one. There are many sizes of wicks.:confused: I see there are CD's and HTP's. But who knows if any of these will work or go through 8 before I find the one. IF I ever find one.

I only have 1 supplier who has Clove. Of those I buy from. They said it needs to be wicked up but customer thinks large wicks make jars to hot.

I think this will be a long haul to find the right wick.

LynnS

Classylady,

Never heard of those wicks. Where can you get those?

For now Clove candles are on hold for the customer till I get the right wick down pat.

Thank You

LynnS

Might just try wicking up by one and see what that gets you for a burn.

Red Clove from Peak's is nice.

You might check Just by Nature too. I think they have a cinnamon clove combination. BUt if you get it, please let me know about it. I had to tell myself no more ordering this year (well scents anyway.)

Sharon

Never heard of using coconut oil.

ClassyLady,

What size wicks do you use for clove(RRD's).There are different sizes. I am sure I will have to try a couple but just wondering about what wick size. Clove candles are a go now since I know what to use and I have tested 5 other FO's in the last 2 weeks.UGH!!!!!

And for some reason the last 5 FO's requested seem to be ones that need larger wicks. Figure that one. All at once I am testing and ALL have needed to go up to larger sizes. Takes alot of time and testers are everywhere. :rolleyes2

Thanks

LynnS