Cyclomethicone or Dimethicone

Guest jurnalynn

Guest jurnalynn

i'm putting in an order and i have been wondering what people thought of these 2 silicones have been researching them and getting conflicting infor so i thought i would ask those of you who have used them

i'm working on a new thinner lotion and adding more ingredients so please opinions please

Laura

I stopped using cyclo in my lotions because I felt like it was drying things out instead of moisturizing. That could have been because of some other ingredients, tho. I'm sticking with cyclo for body sprays and perfumes.

I've moved to dimethicone in my lotions, am slowly adding it in to all the new batches I make and I like it much more. I use a thicker version from Lotioncrafter.

I stopped using cyclo in my lotions because I felt like it was drying things out instead of moisturizing. That could have been because of some other ingredients, tho. I'm sticking with cyclo for body sprays and perfumes.

I've moved to dimethicone in my lotions, am slowly adding it in to all the new batches I make and I like it much more. I use a thicker version from Lotioncrafter.

I use Dimethicone...love the feel it gives all my lotions!

I have searched high and low for this stuff...is lotioncrafter the only place that sells it? I cannot seem to find it anywhere else closer to the east coast. I can only find cyclo.

I use cyclo for dry oil body sprays and it is great. I haven't put it in lotions

I use dimethicone for lotions! I had to search high and low for Dimethicone when I first started using it. I saw it listed in the ingredients of my favorite lip softener and I had to have it. I'm not sure where it is that I got it. I will look it up for you after I get home from New York. I do remember that it was not a place that I usually order from.