holy crap

I guess I better look at different wax or something..

any here use Paraffin Wax 140 from candlewic?

For a long time I used candlewic's CBL-141 custom blend. Other than a UV inhibitor for bright colors you don't need any other additives. It holds and throws fragrance really well and has a smooth glossy finish everytime. It's a few dollar more than the 140 but in IMHO worth it. If you request samples from Candlewic definitely add some CBL-141 to that request.

I just placed an order for 4 cases of 1274 pillar wax at Peaks and it cost me over $400 ($84 per case & $102 for shipping):shocked2:....but I got an order for 125 6" pillars this morning so it's not money wasted - a little less profit for me this year but it's a repeat customer that I want to keep...kwim

Higher oil prices have been steadily filtering down to the price of paraffin.

Oil prices have come down and will probably decrease even more. I'm wondering if wax prices are "sticky" or if those will eventually come down as well. I would think they should retreat at least partly but it will take a while.

Oil prices have come down and will probably decrease even more. I'm wondering if wax prices are "sticky" or if those will eventually come down as well. I would think they should retreat at least partly but it will take a while.

I am thinking this too. I bet the suppliers are paying the highest prices yet when they reorder. Hopefully the prices have peaked and will start to come back down in the coming months.

tootie

OK, that officially ended my chandling when I'm done with the 4794 wax I have. This hobby has just gotten to expensive. :(

I started because of candles, but people are asking about how I can do my pricing that I do. Quite a few are actually. I bought tons and tons of wax last year when it was $60 a case and I paid no shipping. I still have one case of pillar left and two cases of container left. If it don't come down by the time those are out (probably last another 4-5 months in my case), I can't afford to keep that going because I don't really do much in the way of shows or wholesale accounts to make it worth the cost.

Chrisasst I feel your pain on the wax prices. Mine is now 95.00 a case, the 4786. I priced it at a couple of other suppliers that were cheaper but by the time shipping was figured in CS was still the cheapest way to go. If you try somewhere else just be sure to check the shipping on it. :undecided

It would be nice to see wax prices come down, but I believe the demand is greater than the supply so I don't see it coming down. It would be a blessing if it did, but I can't remember where I picked up that another increase was coming before the end of the year.

I imagine the higher prices we are seeing will be held by the suppliers - - - at least until their inventory is gone. I just hope the price backs down again when they re-order so they can pass the price decrease down to us.

Now that suppliers have us accustomed to the higher prices of wax I doubt that wax prices will come down at all.:angry2:

If the cost of raw materials come down, prices also will come down if the profits of a company suffer because customers are buying less, as I suspect they are.

Sad to say, in our difficult economic times when people are trying to reduce 'unnecessary' spending, candles might be considered expendable by some, and sales may suffer. I hope not, but think it will be a lean Holiday season for many.

Here is my secret. I tell the customers that the price has to go up. The customer and wholesalers say &&^%()**^&*%^%*&. THEN I say...................Ok, I can limit the oils I use in the candles. That will make them cheaper. Good idea. Thanks for bitchin. Customer-.......Oh no, please don't do that. It is ok, I will pay more, no problems. This has worked for years. You got to hit um where it hurts. Once they figure out they have to pay for what they love, then it is cool. I have had to go up twice in a year, and had no complaints. :highfive: