difference between 415 soy wax and 464 soy?

What is the difference in these? Or opinion on these?

The difference is night and day....

I like the 464 WAY better than the 415. To me, the 464 is just way easier to work with. The MP of the 464 is lower and you can pour it hot and the 464 is EASY to wick....

do a search on both the 464 and the 415 and you will see those who love and/or hate either or both waxes.

tootie

• 2 weeks later...

415 is pure soy...no additives...and is a bit tricky to wick. 464 is basically 402 with a soy-based additive which enables the wax to be poured at a hotter temperature, reduces frosting and increases FO load. The one thing I don't like about 464 is the residue that it leaves behind in the candle jar after burning, otherwise it is a bit easier to wick than the 415.

This might help you...http://www.gfgb.com/candles/candle_products.htm

• 3 months later...

415 gets my vote. I have been using it for years, and have had no real issues. Once I learned its temperment, and how to work with it, it is actually easier to work with than the rest of the natural waxes I have tested...believe me, it has been many. HTH

GEEZ! Need to change my saying at the bottom of my posts...ya think!?

Hi leisa! May I call you leisa? :)

I have been away from the board for a while, but back when I was first experimenting in my Mad Scientist Lab I did alot of testing with 415, 402, 444 (both old and new) and 464. The 415 and 402 are straight soys, but the 402 has a much lower melt point. The USA that is added to 402 makes the 464, and for some it works better, but I had issues with the fact that it was too soft even after it set up. I guess it was because I ahd learned to use soy with 415 and Beeswax and the candle was very hard.

It mostly depends on what you start using first, that kinda shews your view of othre waxes. Each wax has it's peculiarities, and one adjusts to those peculiarities. I've been doing soy for almost four years, and only changed my formula once, when I switched fom 415/BW to a blend of 415/402/USA and pour hot. As long as I preheat my jars and take them to a warm room (>72 deg) to cool, I have no frosting problems. I do have to poke and heat gun, but I'm used to that routine.

Good luck! geek