A little puzzled.

amillion3147

I can't help but reflect back on a batch I made a week ago. I had planned to make a batch but decided against it because it was very late. By this time my lye had been sitting on my counter tightly closed. I figured I would just do my soap the next day. Anyway by the time I got around to making the soap the lye had been out for at least 24 hours. I measured out my oils and all and proceeded to stick blend. As soon as I started to stick blend things started proceed a little different. The oils started turning to a slushy like state and simply refused to smooth out. I had to agressively stick blend this for several minutes to get it smooth out. The oils were also at room temp. Any ideas on what caused this in the first place. I have never seen this before but I always use my lye the same day it's made up.

That's interesting. For 2 years I exclusively used room temp lye and premelted and then room temp oils without anything like that. (I finally went to slightly warm lye & oils because I started getting incomplete gel).

Was it a new recipe amillion?

Yes and no. The recipe was for a salt bar with a high content PKO, PO, CO , OO. The only thing I did different was drop the PKO a bit and added some CO. NO FO was even added when this happened. I didn't bother with adding that in until it smoothed out first. The salt was added later on when it appeared to be emulsified.