which would you buy

chrisasst

At our show yesterday a woman picked up our jar and said "ohh, it is very nice, but I hate buying jar candles because then I have to wonder what to do with it when it is done....with all the waste in landfills, it just doesn't seem right" and she walked off.....lol

The woman at the next booth came over and said she couldn't believe the woman said that. I told her that people are trying very hard to limit the waste they send to the landfills but A) has she never heard of recycling and B) I wonder what her pickles are packaged in.....lol

If it was a gift, I would buy the jar...if it was for me, I would buy the votives.

I vote for votives as well. For a candle that little I don't think I would want to waste my time. Besides, aren't votive holders cheaper than the jars? A retail opportunity perhaps? Just a thought but I burn a lot of candles. There are almost 40 candles/votive/tealight holders total in my house...with more in storage. With the votives, I like the fact that I can reuse the container with a new votive. I do not think I would try to reuse a candle jar that small because it could be larger than the votive. :2cents:

One of the reasons I asked this question was because for some reason, I can get a better hot throw with the jar than I can with a votive. (gb 444 vs igi 4794)

AS far as the cost, well I can get the jar for about .60 a piece and not sure where I can get votive cups (besides walmart or joanne's ) and not sure how much they are. Let me ask this....can I pour my container wax (gb444) straight into my glass votive cups? Well I guess that is a stupid question...Any way, I biggest thing is the hot throw and I get a better one with the jar for some reason.

Votives here as well. I would buy a larger jar but not that size.

Yes you can pour container wax into a votive holder. I used to sell those little straight plain ones. But I don't sell votives to refill them so they did not sell well. Just never really got into making those. Exp since most require a repour....to much time involved for me. LOL