tealights (confusion)

I have been reading past post on making tealights. Thought I would give them a try. But, I'm a bit confused on making them.:confused: Do you use a mold? Or pour them straight into the container that is made for them? Thank you for any help.:)

I use the tealight cups.... my method for getting the wicks to stay is to dip the wick into the melted wax then put it in the cup... when they are done I pour the wax in. It actually goes pretty fast.

It really is the same concept as the glue pot you can buy from Peak.

HTH

Danielle

I bought the tea light molds from candlewic wouldn't do them any other way. Makes life so much easier.

HTH

I agree with Cindy. You wouldn't believe how easy they are when you use this mold. And you can offer replacements to refill the cups, if people are buying them from you. It saves you time and money.:smiley2:

Can you use any type of wax? I use j223 for my containers, then I make melts. Could you use both types of wax?:D

If you are pouring directly into the tea lite cups you can use your container wax - If you are using the mold mentioned you would probably need to mix some pillar wax with it to harden the wax

Are the polycarbonate tea-light cups safe to use? If you were making them colored, the clear would look nicer, but just curious about the idea of plastic like material and melt down. Beth

The clear polycarbonate cups are perfectly safe to use - These are all I use for my tea lights

I use the mold with J233 wax and don't have any trouble getting them out. Works fine for me.

hth

If you are pouring directly into the tea lite cups you can use your container wax - If you are using the mold mentioned you would probably need to mix some pillar wax with it to harden the wax

I use the mold with J233 wax and don't have any trouble getting them out. Works fine for me.

hth

you are right, excuse me - Guess I should have said depending on the container wax you use you may have to mix with a pillar wax to use the mold

I use a blend that is too soft

I use a blend thats also too soft also for the mold. (I tried the mold and didn't care for it) I love the polycarbonate cups, they are pretty and look great when burning. The only time I've ever had any melt is when a friend put some in a particular candle holder that didn't have a solid base under it and everything heated up and melted into the holder. There are some pics on here of that, very interesting. Other than that, no issues at all!

I do pour directly into the cups, takes a bit of practice but you'll get it to where you don't spill at all. I tend to pour in small batches no more than 1 lb per pot, (refilling the pot as needed) then it's easier for me to control the flow of the wax into the cup. And when I set up the cups on my pan I make sure they aren't touching.

Also I hot glue my wicks before hand so they are in the cups, never once had any issues with them separating.

I know tealights can be a pain, but once you get a good system in place they wont be so bad.

Good Luck!

Kim