What do you call your parasoy candle blend when you sell it?

Hello,

I've always made Palm and Soy candles and have ordered some paraffin to experiment with as I want to try a 50/50 soy wax paraffin blend.

What should I call them on the label? Do you tell customers it's half soy and half paraffin or do you just call it a parasoy blend? Or do you just call it a soy candle?

I'm going to do lots of experimenting with wick sizes and the burning etc. but I just wonder how others sell them to those who prefer soy candles over paraffin.

When I used straight 6006 I called it a para/soy wax. I mix soy in it now which makes it 80% soy and 20% paraffin and I put on my labels "Quality Soy-based Wax."

6006 is a 80% paraffin and 20% soy wax alone. If you add more soy (which I do) then there is more than 80/20 in there.

oh and I call mine a para-soy blend. My tag line is "The best of both worlds".

tootie

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking forward to experimenting with paraffin.

Why is it the both of best worlds? The versatility of Paraffin versus soy? I did read the thread on here all about why other prefer paraffin over soy and versatilty was mentioned along with better colours, cheaper price)

When I used straight 6006 I called it a para/soy wax. I mix soy in it now which makes it 80% soy and 20% paraffin and I put on my labels "Quality Soy-based Wax."

I don't sell anymore, but I put 'soy blend candles' on my labels(6006).

ETA: Highly recommend the IGI 6006~~awesome wax :)

That is interesting because when I stated with 6006 about 8 years ago it was 50/50. Then over the years it went to a 70/30 blend. I have never heard that it went to an 80/20.

I mix my 6006 with more soy and make it 80/20.

6006 is a 80% paraffin and 20% soy wax alone. If you add more soy (which I do) then there is more than 80/20 in there.

oh and I call mine a para-soy blend. My tag line is "The best of both worlds".

tootie

That is interesting because when I stated with 6006 about 8 years ago it was 50/50. Then over the years it went to a 70/30 blend. I have never heard that it went to an 80/20.

I mix my 6006 with more soy and make it 80/20.

Bugtussle uses this wax and she did some in depth research on it and found it was 80/20 so that is what I go by. Either way I know i have to add a little soy or palm to mine to get it to behave. The first of the year I am going to test some 464 and 4630 (I think) at 50/50 to see if I can come close to the 6036 that I LOVED.

tootie