Coloring smelly jellies

erinmfritz

What do you use to color the smelly jellies. I have used both soap based color and candle color (just a wee bit). Either way I do it, the jelly gets discolored after a while because of the FO. Turns darker. I do use distilled water to make them. Any suggestions?

Sure - plus they are such nice colors - they are a deep green, a mauve color, brown, black and I think a yellow - but its a real deep yellow. I didnt know they had them either.. then one day at either the dollar tree, big lots, or ollies I found them - I shop all those places alot lol.

I take and mix half the amount of water first then I add the food coloring - then the rest of the water. I have also colored the jelly first before adding water at all.. but that kinda made some of it darker than others in spots. Try doing half the water then the coloring and see if that helps. I have heard that some people use liquid candle coloring - but that is expensive and I find this cheaper and it turns out good for me.