Does this sound right to you?

Guest jurnalynn

Guest jurnalynn

ok i ordered from a supplier over the phone because i was doing bulk orders and the website didn't offer this option. i order 59 pounds of supplies they quoted a little over 40 in shipping.which i knew was a little low i figured it would go up when i got the invoice. i ddidn't think it would go up to 108 dollars i added the weights up on the 4 packages sent out today and the weight is 113 lbs even with packaging i don't understand this two lbs are FO they come in a glass bottle and the rest will come in plastic bags i have recieved them this way before.....i don't think boxes and packaging could weigh 56 lbs but i could be wrong

What do u think?

Laura

Guest jurnalynn
what exactly did you order? I would contact the supplier and ask them directly. or once you get the boxes, weigh them and go to the website of the shipping company and calculate it yourself.

i went to the their website and it quotes 70 plus change and with the weights i ordered thats reasonable i'm waiting for my packages to get here before calling the company i think i'll calculate it on fedex

i ordered my ewax cetyl and steric plus exfoliantes

Laura

Guest jurnalynn

it wouldn't be so bad of it didn't have 56 unaccounted for lbs some i'll give to packaging but has anyone ever had a empty box weigh 10 plus lbs..........lol

Laura

I've only had one supplier round UP on package weight, and it was actually to my benefit. They "padded" the label weight so that I could get the hundredweight (200 lb.) discount through UPS because I was technically just a few pounds short.

On the flip side though, my ribbon supplier's website always over estimates on UPS and I asked them about it once and they said just to remind them via the "note" on the check-out and they would correct it. So I make a note every time because the cart charges me like $20.00 for shipping when it's really about $10.00 or less. Nice that they're willing to make that adjustment for me, but sucks for others that don't realize what UPS fees really are and just accept it.

I would definitely ask your supplier. If they don't do anything to adjust your charges, or at least explain/validate them, then I suppose there isn't much you can do, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Guest jurnalynn

ok mystery solved two of my 4 packages arrived today the 9 lb on had fo and such the second was the 53 lb box it had 50 lbs of steric in it i only paid for 25 and the 2 boxes that haven't come should be my e wax since both way a little over 27 lbs i'm thinking they doubled that 2

Laura