Palm wax

Does anyone use straight palm wax. I know it make pretty snowflake designs but other than that. I am really looking for a wax that I do not have to blend myself with anything else. I need a container wax and a melt wax. I don't do pillars or votives yet and at this point don't care to. Since I have to re-test every single scent. :angry2:

Just wondering how straight palm does in a container. I have been using zinc wicks. Does anyone have a 'better' recommended wick for palm?

I might as well switch jars while I am at it. :undecided Been wanting to go from plain jelly jars with silver crystal lids (which are also being discontinued) to something more upscale looking. Guess a plain jar would work better if I go with plain palm.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! This is so frustrating right before the holidays. I hope you all don't have to go through this. Seriously it is not good business to discontinue something right before a busy season and not tell anyone.

Hi..I used to use GlassGlo palm wax...I used csn wicks and the status jar..but if you sell your candles online or have to ship..I would try to find a lighter jar..these jars are heavy and shipping would be outrageous.I started out with a csn 12 but with most fo's I had to wick up to a 14.Test...Test..! I also found that the scent throw overall is the best! I started out making candles using straight paraffin..which is good throw too but all the soot isn't good..then I tried a blend..the blend I tried was from C&S was a kick butt thrower but they had to cure 10 days..and all of 10 days too.I didn't smell anything..nothing,so I called the company and they said yes they have to cure the whole time and they were right.Then,I switched to soy....what a different breed! WOW! I started out with C3..it frosted horribly for me..then I switched to 415..great throw many problems..I played with 444 and 464...too many problems..then I tried the CBA..which everyone told me not to because of no throw.It worked ok for me..you just have to use strong scent with that wax.

I hope I didn't confuse you..sometimes I can't stop once I start..lol! Any other questions you can pm me.Thanks..hth.

Kimmeroo:cheesy2:

Hi,

I started out with straight palm and used to make tealights, 2/3oz shallow containers. It worked great and think I used 7% per total of wax amount. I'm sure there is a better wick but I used to use RRD47 for the shallow containers and the only draw back is for the 3 oz they only lasted about 5-6 hours. Maybe try the wick you have first. The scent throw was great but I didn't ever try EO's blend with that wax.

Then all my customers wanted soy so I switched to soy candles but I do add a some palm wax in as well.