GB 415 CD Wick with Crisa

I'm going to test my crisas (from GL Candle Supply) with CD wicks (GB 415 wax). I was thinking of starting with a CD 12 but in looking at some of the data bases, I'm now confused. Some say as high as a CD 16 others as low as a CD 8. The jar measures 2.5 in diameter. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm testing the CD 16 now and have a question.

The 16 does have a large flame but the glass doesn't get too hot. I'm finding that I have a mushroom on the wick at the end of the burn. I've been using 1.5 oz. of fo per pound. Should I try dropping it down to 1 oz.?

Reducing the fragrance may help the mushrooming. However, in my 8 years of experience with the 415, there is going to be some mushrooming no matter what wick you use. Most of the time, it depends on the fragrance you are using...some make the wick mushroom; some do not. I have noticed, when I reduce the fragrance load, the wick does mushroom a bit less. Don't you just LOVE testing?!? :rolleyes2

Hi, I am brand new and just bought the GW 415 to go with my beeswax. My husband & I are beekeepers and I love candles. I would like to make jar candles for the holidays. I purchased the htp wicks (sample pack) for the 8 & 16 0z jars. Do you think that will be okay. What is this twisting you are talking about and what is "CD"?

thanks!!!

I have been using the 415 for a few years, with HTP wicks. I have tested in several jars, but like the jars that are 3" across. Some people seem to be able to single wick these without a problem, but I double wick mine. Most of my FO's wick with 2 HTP83 wicks, but some of my FO's take HTP73 and some take a HTP93. Everyone has their own preference and what works for one, doesn't always work for another. But I find about 3-4 % beeswax helps me get nice smooth tops, with this wax.