Powdery tart bottoms????

Im using c-3, heating to 180 pouring at 150. Not all the tart bottoms come out with these bottoms but some do and its really strange. I thought at first it was the uv stabilizer not mixing, so i mixed longer then i just threw the stuff away lmao. Im not adding it anymore but im still getting these bottoms on my tarts and its driving me bananas. Ive changed the pour temps, heat temps ect... Any ideas?

DSC07078.jpg

How old is the tart? I am a newbie too and probably don't have a clue but if I leave my tarts not sealed/covered properly for a few days mine do that too. I think it's the frost.

There are threads on this same very thing.. I will try to find you some..

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55043&highlight=frost

Well theres one.. Got to do dinner for the hubby..

HTH!:smiley2:

Emily

Thanks for the link, that tart was fresh, i had just made it that day. Maybe its the frosting everyone is talking about. It just started happening and ive been doing this a year. So fustrating.

How old is the tart? I am a newbie too and probably don't have a clue but if I leave my tarts not sealed/covered properly for a few days mine do that too. I think it's the frost.

There are threads on this same very thing.. I will try to find you some..

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55043&highlight=frost

Well theres one.. Got to do dinner for the hubby..

HTH!:smiley2:

Emily

I do put them in the freezer, maybe thats why? Hmm. I will have to pay more attention today when making them. I cant remember now if the ones that just poped out with out the freezers help, had the powdery stuff on them. Thanks

Do you put them in the fridge or freeze to cool? I have had that happen when I did that - or had a temp change in the wax

I hate when that happens.......we had a weird month or two but it resolved itself ao I blamed the batch of wax i had at that time ( sounded good to me lol:D) and just had to mention i just about gave the computer screen a coffee spray when i read "powdery tart bottoms" it gave me a crazy funny visual...but I digress...............:D

We just started using the c-3.. and the frosting is driving me crazy! Not all our candles do it. We have the stupid wet spots too! :( oh how I miss my 70/30 days! Perfect..perfect let me say that again PERFECT wax!Absolutly no wet spots or frosting! I still have a couple from that wax...they have sit for months and looks like we just poured them. oh well...wet spots we are dealing with, now the frosting...ummm not sure what we are going to do. I have notices some people say,they don't use dye and that helps, but on our no color ones those seem to be one of the few that has frosted. Oh well we will see! Have a great day, LeeAnn~

Im using c-3, heating to 180 pouring at 150. Not all the tart bottoms come out with these bottoms but some do and its really strange. I thought at first it was the uv stabilizer not mixing, so i mixed longer then i just threw the stuff away lmao. Im not adding it anymore but im still getting these bottoms on my tarts and its driving me bananas. Ive changed the pour temps, heat temps ect... Any ideas?

I just had this happen to me on Friday with my votives and tarts. I used EL votive blend, 7% FO, and little liquid dye. And boy was I very upset when I took them out. The tops looked so perfect but not the sides or the bottom. So I remelted them and some I added coconut oil (which is something I always add to my container candles to help the frost), some I added 15% soy container wax, and some I added both. Well they all came out beautiful this time so not really sure which I am going to go with.

Well I hope this gives you some ideas to try, GL

Antonia

When I added coconut oil to my soy last year, the coconut oil gave it a bit of shine. That was a nice bonus. I'm wondering if that would help the frosting problem? I don't know, just throwing it out there. Also, have you hit it with a little heat to see if that would eliminate it?

How much coconut oil would i use per lb? I only make 1 lb max at a time. thanks. Im definitly going to try it.

I just had this happen to me on Friday with my votives and tarts. I used EL votive blend, 7% FO, and little liquid dye. And boy was I very upset when I took them out. The tops looked so perfect but not the sides or the bottom. So I remelted them and some I added coconut oil (which is something I always add to my container candles to help the frost), some I added 15% soy container wax, and some I added both. Well they all came out beautiful this time so not really sure which I am going to go with.

Well I hope this gives you some ideas to try, GL

Antonia

How much coconut oil would i use per lb? I only make 1 lb max at a time. thanks. Im definitly going to try it.

Hey I usually use 1 tsp pp but I have read on here that some people use up to 1 tbsp pp. I have only ever tried the 1 tsp pp and it works great so there was on need for me to add more. So just start at 1 tsp and work up from there as needed.

HTH and GL

Antonia