Just getting back

Just moved back and starting my candles again (after 3 years). Lost all my notes on pillars :sad2: and I need some help.

I just got my 4625 wax and made some test pillars (3"). How many hours do you test burn each time?

Thanks for your help,

Good to be back :yay:

Lynda

Yes it does. The optimal burn on any candle is 1 hour for every inch in diameter. Most do not burn that way.

Think about it this way people come home from work about 5 to 6 in the evening and light there candle anywhere from the time they get home to about an hour after they get home so most people light there candle between 6 and 7 at night they go to bed between 10 and 11 so most people are burning their candle 3 to 5 hours.

If you are basing your test on 8 hour burn what is happening to the candles that are only burning 4 to 5 hours at a time. Think about it.

You need to test for as many variable as possible. I test for optimal burn first and then I play with my burns going from just a few hours to major power burning. That gives me a very good idea of how my candle will preform.