Looking for an Orange Chiffon Cake replacement

Holly

I need to find one quick! I have time to test for wicking, but I don't have time to hunt all over the place for one. I would like it to be one that throws well in soy, but I can substitute this one candle for now with the 70/30 to get me through the fundraiser -- will have to put a note in I guess explaining that the wax for this scent had to be changed due to unexpected fragrance inconsistency. What else can I do?

Any suggestions? I read that FOH has good one but her turn-around time is 5 days and this one has to be shipped ground. I have heard good things about JS's too and know some that use this one in the 70/30.

I am testing Peaks as I write this but it is not far enough in the burn to determine anything.

Which one are you using that needs to be replaced? We love KY's, the throw is awesome.

Thanks. I have been trying to avoid mentioning the supplier at this time. Maybe I should not care. :confused: I have heard good things about KY's OCC and remember testing it a long time ago but ended up choosing my current one. I may even have some left, but it would be a little old. I wish I could find one from somewhere that sends it by mail so it would save time.

The Peaks one has been burning for almost an hour and the throw to me is not good enough. It may be slightly better than my current one at this time but not good enough.

P.S. I don't mine saying a particular scent from a particular company does not throw in my wax, but I feel bad mentioning on a board where everyone can see about a fragrance from a particular company no longer throwing as well in the same application and with the conclusion it is not the wax batch -- fear that I could be in error with my conclusion. I am pretty sure I am not in error though. This kind of complaint definitely can appear to many as a red flag. I dread having to contact them about this.

I can tell you that KY is shipping pretty fast right now. I ordered on Thursday and they shipped on Friday and then I ordered yesterday (cause I forgot something) and they already sent the Paypal request meaning it will ship today.

HTH and good luck finding a replacement that works for you.

I can tell you that KY is shipping pretty fast right now. I ordered on Thursday and they shipped on Friday and then I ordered yesterday (cause I forgot something) and they already sent the Paypal request meaning it will ship today.

HTH and good luck finding a replacement that works for you.

Thanks. Yes, they are really fast. I just ordered that tart wax last week and they sent it right out. Sure wish I would have know about this scent throw problem then. Darn!

I may give a shot!

I know when shipping across country PO is much faster. I have not used but heard Steve the Candlemakers Store has a good one and if you call they most likely will ship Priority Mail.

Thanks. When I ran a search I saw good reviews on that one too. I did not know they sent USPS. I don't order anything from them yet. I may give that one a try. To bad today is a holiday for the postal service.

I found JS Orange Chiffon Cake and KY Orange Chiffon cake to smell almost identical. Both are super strong throwers.

Thanks. A friend is going to send me a sample of the JS one so I can get to testing it. I sure hope it works ok in my soy. If not, I may have to use another wax for the one scent - 70/30 wax -- for the fundraiser order that I am working on. Not sure what else I can do.