Get pink soap using liquid brown oxide

Ruina

What's up with that?

A few drops of the brown oxide into opaque to get a beige/tan and I get a dusky rose color instead. I've tested it twice.

So how do I get a tan color using the white base? If I use cocoa powder, do I have to worry about mold or yucky stuff?

Haven't tried cocoa powder in my soaps yet but I have seen recipes for it and hear its nice. Makes the soap smell a bit chocolaty and colors a nice brown. Haven't heard that it would make the soap moldy. Being a powder I really think that it wouldn't be a problem. I would plan to use a fragrance that would compliment the chocolate smell thou.

Thanks for your help.

I contacted Kaila at TKB and she responded saying that they're liquid brown oxide has a reddish hue and that's probably why I got the pink. She's so wonderful :bow:

She'll gonna send me a sample of a different brown. I don't want chocolate smelling soap, so the cocoa powder is out.

Tizimarezie, how'd you get the powder to mix without speckles? I always have trouble with that.

how'd you get the powder to mix without speckles? I always have trouble with that.

Not much brown powdered oxide is needed to make a tan color so blending it in wasn't too difficult. Stir, stir. But I saw a tip that I haven't yet tried: Place a couple of squirts of alcohol into small dish/bowl and gradually add your oxide and blend (as if you were making gravy). Blend until smooth and then add this mixture to your soap. Personally, I'd rather not use the alcohol and instead would try using a small amount of the melted soap base to blend with the oxide.

Wow Ann Marie. That's awfully generous of you. Yes, I would like to try it and see. I'll pm you my addy. But I've never heard of Yaley. What's their website so I can take a look.

I also get all my colors from TKB and never been disappointed, just wish they'd come out with a vibrant red. I know you've been on the look out for it too.